Anyone ride in or through South Carolina?

Bad324

It is looking highly probable that I will be in SC between Christmas and New Years and my family is boring so I'll be taking advantage of escaping by bringing the bike down.

Were most likely ending up down at Kiawah Island which is about 45mins south of Charleston so unfortunately a decent ways away from the mountains and probable good roads.

Anyway, looking for suggestions of roads to ride, places to see or a can't miss place I should eat

I have bad news for you, you cannot take any kind of two wheeled vehicles into Kiawah Island. We're usually down there twice a year and that was the first thing I looked into. No trailers either.

son of a bitch....I really hate these ritzy areas and their god damn rules. I probably couldn't even pull it off if I threw the bike in the bed either huh?

Edited by Bad324

Honestly, you probably wouldn't want to ride anyways. I've ridden down there along the coast. The roads are covered in sand and you can't really see it. Worse than salt.

I figure it'd be more easy, touring type riding. Just to get out and see new sights as well as be able to get my winter fix on some riding. Is the sand that bad for even this?

I figure it'd be more easy, touring type riding. Just to get out and see new sights as well as be able to get my winter fix on some riding. Is the sand that bad for even this?

I don't know. I was on a zx10. I couldn't keep the rear tire from spinning.

son of a bitch....I really hate these ritzy areas and their god damn rules. I probably couldn't even pull it off if I through the bike in the bed either huh?

Not a chance. I was pretty broken down as well about it all. But on the up side of that, you don't have a bunch of HD douches making racket at all hours of the day and night.

so I just talked to one of the head people at the security gate and I explained my situation. He said I would have to talk to the chief but for my intended purposes the chief MIGHT allow this so long as I don't ride the bike within the confines of the island. So just in case this happens, I'll bump this to top for interesting places to go or see and hoping sand isn't an issue

well just spoke to the chief today. They said I could bring the bike with a trailer down there HOWEVER I can't take it through the gates, instead I can park it at the town hall. So now the debate of whether or not I want to go that route runs on...

• 3 weeks later...
they have storage places where I kept my bike last time I went down there

do you recall where? As of now I'm not taking the bike but that could change by Sunday, I'm not sure yet. Knowing the area, the town hall parking lot doesn't bother me too much as I've already got enough things to lock it down to feel secure. If someone steals it, its worth more to insurance than it is if I were to sell it so although it would suck to lose at least I'm not getting screwed