This is why I still like mustangs.

DTM Brian

your saying its a manual... and he had to so he didnt slam the front end down kinda like on a bike...

I am sure shifting into second did help with the landing. I have seen a number of cars with smashed headers and the shock towers destroyed as a result of hard landings.

Even wheelie bars can not keep some cars down.

Nothing like flying on four wheels without wings.

Sorry the guys in the first vids are running sticks... I had a 88 that was a stick, nos and SC'ed. Shifts come super quick or you f shit up at high revs! i tell yea if they were auto's they are hosed up and ready to blow...

Dude WTF... How many idiots buy shit they cant handle...

Except for the drag racing videos...the videos posted here just reiterate my complete hatred for any and all Mustang owners.

Every single one I've ever met thought their shit was the fastest and baddest Mustang ever built.

Last summer me and some car buddies were over near Polaris at midnight taking some pictures of our cars. We weren't driving...just sitting there, taking pictures and talking.

In pulls the most ragged put piece of shit 1986 Mustang with the biggest douchebag that ever got behind the wheel. He starts asking us if we knew some dude from Columbus Racing...as there was going to be a race. He says his car does 11sec quarter miles. We were like...your friends car? No, this one he says. We all start laughing...and the dude takes off, peels out, goes sideways, jumps a curb island area full of shrubbery, lands hard enough it rips his front plate off...and lord knows destroying what else...

To this day we still laugh above that guy...and I've still got his plate in my garage.

Idiots.

BTD.

Except for the drag racing videos...the videos posted here just reiterate my complete hatred for any and all Mustang owners.

I am sorry you hate me. Not sure what I ever did to you :D

Every single one I've ever met thought their shit was the fastest and baddest Mustang ever built.

BTD.

Not true.

Sounds like all the mustang owners you have met have been a domestic ricer.

I promise you the mustang owners that I run around with including myself are not morons like the ones you have met.

You can never judge a book by its cover whether it be a mustang or honda civic owner.

I bet if I pulled up next to you in this you never would believe me that it ran high 10 sec ets. Thing is the car is very quiet and has a stock sounding idle because it is a stock camshaft.

Full interior with power steering, air conditioning, and a stereo built for sound quality.

Best part about the car is the short block is untouched with 100k miles on it. However the cylinder heads, and intake have been changed plus a couple hair dryers.

DSC00122.JPG

DSC00126.JPG

stang.jpg

Not all mustang owners are assholes. I find both good people and fucking pricks involved with all car types.

As others posted,

Not sure what I ever done to you... :D

I never claimed anything about mine and I sure didnt stand beside it and say it was fast or faster than yours.

I knew for a fact the old mans was faster and his buddies was faster than his. So that out me down around mid pack, which was fine... I liked the car itself.

I was working at Freddy Ricarts if I wanted to bring something to the table that was fast it was not a car coming home! :D

My old mans 427R cobra was fast and beautiful. Was it a mustang... Not technically. Did it inspire the cobras we know today, yep! Was a street/strip rocket, it was the only way the old man drove it, balls out metal to metal. Damn that would scream. Not like the whinning super cars of today. His buddys hennessey Viper is faster so to speak, but truthfully not by much.

But the past is the past, the 88 and the 85 86 and 96 are all gone. All I have left is my 66 gt350. Can you technically compare that car to any other car. No, only to another Shelby. Is it a Mustang? Damn straight it is a Mustang. Is it BADASS, you better believe it! Do I say how bad it is publically and bragg nope. I even had to had to restrain myself on here to say I had it. It stays cooped up stashed away at the old mans house. Covered up and on jack stands. No car shows. No joy rides. If it isn't specific shelby show it does not come out of the garage anymore. We have another that is a work in progress. Some new floorpans and it will be ready to go. It however will not get a shelby paint job. It will get a standard color, so I can drive the damn thing! Sick of having it and not being able to drive it (or afraid to drive it, F'ers wont stop leaning against it).

Edited by Beegreenstrings

My first car was a '68 Mustang Coupe... Man I miss that thing! Actually cried when I came home and it was gone. I loved that thing and it was not a practical everyday ride either. No A/C, no power steering... Anyway, I was never the one bragging about this thing, people would pull up to me and want to race. At stop lights people would roll their windows down to tell me what a sweet ride I had. I never acted hardcore with it, just let the car do the talkin' for me. I will own another one of these days. It had much sentimental value too. Dad and I fixed this car up together so...

hot damn. I've always been a GM kid but had a soft spot for mustangs. I'd love to get my hands on a clean t-top Fox body, throw the 90-92 front end conversion on it and drop in an LSx. Would be my dream mustang in front of an 03/04 Termi and Eleanor