Ohio cellist in YouTube Orchestra

redkow97

People on this site probably aren't aware that I majored in music for about a year before dropping it as a major and concentrating on English and drinking, but I was heavily into orchestra and band from middle school through college.

I was decent, but along the way I've met some people who are truly amazing.

One of them is my band director's daughter (and a friend of mine), Christina Roytz, who graduated a year after me.

Even if you hate classical music, 10 seconds of Christina's audition video should be enough to let you appreciate how talented she is.

You can vote her into the YouTube Symphony Orchestra (to perform in Australia) by doing the following:

You can vote once every 24 hours.

http://www.youtube.com/symphony

1. Follow the link

2. Click on the "Vote Now" red button on the right side of your screen!

3. Go to "Orchestral Audition"

4. Find the cello section in the symphony (to the immediate right of the conductor)! Click on it!!

5. Find my Christina's video (10:08 duration) and vote on it! (the picture is easy to spot...look for a cellist on a camel)

~Voting is open for seven days, from Dec. 10 - Dec. 17 ~

Edited by redkow97

PS - I'd like to point out that she's competing against a disproportionate number of Asians here, so she needs all the help she can get. :eek:

The only thing remotely Asian about Christina is that her dad was (is) HUGELY into baseball.

oh yea...then why is the school so often just mentioned as Brecksville instead of the full name or just Broadview Hts :p

the school isn't even IN brecksville; we just let their residents attend ;-)

"broadview heights" is just one too many syllables for slow people.

LAST DAY TO VOTE.

Voted.

I like the creative idea of being outside, however, the background noise really takes away from what she is doing.

If people want to see her "making of the audition video" video, there was a scene she cut out because the herd of sheep in the background had their bells clanging all over.

the camel and outdoor scenes were really just to get her past the first round - it's like getting on TV w/ American Idol; you either have to be truly talented, or have a great gimmick to get in front of the 3 main judges. 90% of the people who audition are dismissed by producers.

being talented AND having a gimmick just makes you that much more memorable.

...Although I am expecting to see some skin after she wins....

Cellist? Nah, you don't wanna see a cellist.

Oboists & flutists - <that's> who you wanna see... ;)

...this coming from a former Columbus Symphony Cadet and Youth Orchestra member.

Cellist? Nah, you don't wanna see a cellist.

Oboists & flutists - <that's> who you wanna see... ;)

...this coming from a former Columbus Symphony Cadet and Youth Orchestra member.

I pretty much wanna see'em all.