2003 RC51 11,000 Miles, $4,500

madcat6183

How is telling someone what they should value their property at giving advice to your friend?

I owned and sold 10 bikes over the past year.. Maybe he sees that I have a good idea what the market is bringing in.. I sold 2 bikes last week.. Maybe he thinks I'm a good source for what bikes (street and track) are worth.. I got a PM from him.. He asked.. what do you think about this.. I told him... That is advice ;)

I think it's great your friend has an advocate for him with someone who has experience selling bikes. He PMs you for advice and you PM him your opinion that works for me but you posted your advice to him publicly suggesting what others should value their property at. Should someone get into your friends thread and tell him what he should be valuing his property at? I’m suggesting neither happen.

I think it's great your friend has an advocate for him with someone who has experience selling bikes. He PMs you for advice and you PM him your opinion that works for me but you posted your advice to him publicly suggesting what others should value their property at. Should someone get into your friends thread and tell him what he should be valuing his property at? I’m suggesting neither happen.

I shot him a pm with my thoughts on things.. I then posted on the public forum so people who were considering trading didn't offer something retarded just to waste time... Everyone thinks their crap is worth way more than what it is, so I was putting it publically what a realistic trade offer was, and not suggesting anything specific.

Still interested in possible trades + cash, or just selling it outright. Like I said, I will entertain offers. I had someone offer me cash everyday for 3 weeks last time i posted this in the fall, but it was lower than I wanted so I said no, everyday for 3 weeks. And yes, I am serious everyday.

Thanks!

What I'm getting at is people are entitled to think their property is valued at what they think it is. If people jumped into every for sale thread and told people what they think it should be valued at it would shit up every for sale thread and there have been discussions about that behavior in the past.

Just as an example if I said this bike he is trying to sell should be offered at $3,400 because I think that’s all it worth and you say it's worth $5,800 both of us are wrong. Either one of us chiming in after the seller has set his price is not productive. You telling others what to bid in an offer negotiating type of for sale deal when you have an agenda for the seller is also not productive.

Fireman, your bike is just what Im looking like on Wera... Like Nick said, offers etc. Feel free to PM me too.

Damn dude, its hard to come up with the "plus cash" part right now before Christmas... Maybe when I get my tax return, but still. PM me if you want.

My bike is super clean and has no problems. Adult owned since new!

Pics of it here: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v619/fireman_343/2003%20CBR%20600RR/

No worries man, trust me, if I wasn't gungho on getting a track bike I wouldnt even post this up, hence the + cash. I can't justify trading straight up for anything right now because of the bike being f/c and the shape it's in.

Keep me updated cuz your bike is super clean for sure.

What I'm getting at is people are entitled to think their property is valued at what they think it is. If people jumped into every for sale thread and told people what they think it should be valued at it would shit up every for sale thread and there have been discussions about that behavior in the past.

Just as an example if I said this bike he is trying to sell should be offered at $3,400 because I think that’s all it worth and you say it's worth $5,800 both of us are wrong. Either one of us chiming in after the seller has set his price is not productive. You telling others what to bid in an offer negotiating type of for sale deal when you have an agenda for the seller is also not productive.

:werd: I agree. People can sell shit for w/e they want. If you find one cheaper then so be it, but many people don't. There's always somebody who will buy. Let people sell things for the price they want and if you don't agree with the price then keep your mouth shut. Doing so is like cock blocking another dude, but in this situation there isn't a female envolved. That's just in general, not just this thread.

Edited by NinjaNick

:werd: I agree. People can sell shit for w/e they want. If you find one cheaper then so be it, but many people don't will still pay it. There's always somebody who will buy. Let people sell things for the price they want and if you don't agree with the price then keep your mouth shut. Doing so is like cock blocking another dude, but in this situation there isn't a female envolved. That's just in general, not just this thread.

It goes two ways. Sellers shouldnt be butt hurt when people make offers...esp if they dont post a price.

*This isnt in reference to this particular thread/seller.

• Upvote 1

Uncle punk, if have an issue w/ dubguys post or advice, PM him w/ ur thoughts and quit whoring up madcats thread. :eek:

How is me jacking the thread any different then him jacking the thread? I should be offering people advice that are looking to buy the bike just like he was offering them advice? I don't really think we would want that.

How is me jacking the thread any different then him jacking the thread? I should be offering people advice that are looking to buy the bike just like he was offering them advice? I don't really think we would want that.

But I'm right and you're wrong... BUMP

No way I would trade the CBR for anything less than $1500-$1700 plus the bike... The 636 depends on condition and is newer...

I think he should look at the guy asking about the 2007 R6...

Realize one thing. CBRs in the older geny frames are not worth much beyond $3-$3500. 636s are worth about $4k and the R6 in 2006 vintage is about $4500-$5k depending...

If he is asking $5k for a bike that is well sought after (It is a cult bike also...), do the math.

Nobody is saying what things should be sold for, but to suggest to the OP what they should trade plus cash for is more than reasonable...