Germain Toyota tried to rip off the wife

max power

It all started with a coupon.

Since its cold as shit out, and my garage is impossible to work on cars in, I sent the wife to Germain to get an oil change for $18. Bargain right?

Now, I do all my own maintainence and keep her Runner in pretty good shape considering that it has to be reliable enough to haul her and our daughter around. Anyone that knows me will tell you that I am pretty meticulous when it comes to my vehicles.

During her oil change, the service writer comes to her to report that the radiator is leaking, the water pump is cracked, the timing belt needs replaced along with all the belts and both radiator hoses are ready to burst!!! Would she like them to go ahead and fix it?

She calls me in a tizzy. I tell her to pay for the oil change and take it home and drive the service van the rest of the day.

Tonight I get home and eat dinner and about 8pm I go out and pull it up to the garage. I let it warm up parked over the snow and commence to crawling all over it with a shop light in the single digit temps.

Guess what I found? NOTHING!!

Yes, the hoses are a little soft (will be replacing in the spring) and the PS belt is a little checked (also, spring) but the radiator is completely full and shows no evidence of leaking a drop EVER! The water pump, same. I dont know how they decided the timing belt is bad since the timing belt cover bolts have never been turned. ever.

FUCKERS.

Just a friendly reminder, BEWARE GERMAIN TOYOTA SERVICE.

BTW, I have bought tons of parts from them and Jake in parts has always treated me well. Their service writers, however have always been douchebags every time I've tried to deal with them.

Not taking their side' date=' because they really did your wife wrong, but you answered your own question. You are gonna' wanna' get that taken care of before you no longer have a 4Runner that's drivable.[/quote']

I've seen (and owned) 4Runners with much older timing belts, but will probably do it in the spring when I replace the hoses and belts.

I've seen 5VZ's with 200k+ on the original timing belt.

It's like that everywhere!

The only place that ever got anything like that correct was the NTB over here in Zanesville.

I take the Ranger in to get the tires balanced and rotated. He comes back after doing the front (I was like here we go) He states that the bearing is bad in the front end. Concerned I at least get up and walk out. Sure as shit it was shot. I thanked him. He continues with it is unsafe to drive the wheel is ready to fall off. The bearings are grinding when the wheel is turned.

Just do the work you were contacted to do. I appreciate the heads up. I am not paying your shop fees to do a project that will take me 15 minutes in my garage. The best is when he copped a attitude with me and stated maybe I should rotate my own tires then. I looked at him told him to rotate the fucking tires becuase that is what I paid them to do! and if he would like to come watch the show I only charge 30 bucks admission, but it comes with free popcorn and a drink.

I am not sure why he stood there and looked stupid for so long, my daddy would have slapped me for looking that slacked jawed.

Funny thing there. I drove another 4K miles before I changed it. Not to prove a point. But the auto parts supplier kept ordering the ones with out the speed sensor on it.

I get sick of that type of shit when you take a car in!

I think the items like hoses, etc (and you even aknowledged) were legit concerns and legit thoughts to be replaced...

The other items that were pure fiction - I'd get on the horn with Toyota and call customer service and throw a HUGE bitch. Reason being is that dealerships typically get points and customer service is a big deal. Especially to Toyota right now...

I'd call, tell your story and I am sure there will be a call from corporate...

ewww Germain, I've honestly never heard a single good thing from them. My only experience was trying going to look at a used Trans Am they had. It was an overpriced disaster with a ton wrong with it. After I pointed out everything that needed to be fixed and how much it would cost, the salesman just looked at me and said "so you're definitely interested" I shook my head and said yea, if you come off the price by about 40%

Not taking their side' date=' because they really did your wife wrong, but you answered your own question. You are gonna' wanna' get that taken care of before you no longer have a 4Runner that's drivable.[/quote']

I didnt want to be the one to say it but yeah. I belive thats an interfierence motor and if the belt snaps the pistons and valves will meet.

...Guess what I found? NOTHING!!

Just a friendly reminder, BEWARE GERMAIN TOYOTA SERVICE.

Did you call anyone and complain about this? I don't like to stand for

blatant lies and thievery like that, I'd be calling or writing someone, probably

even the BBB.

I think the items like hoses, etc (and you even aknowledged) were legit concerns and legit thoughts to be replaced...

The other items that were pure fiction - I'd get on the horn with Toyota and call customer service and throw a HUGE bitch. Reason being is that dealerships typically get points and customer service is a big deal. Especially to Toyota right now...

I'd call, tell your story and I am sure there will be a call from corporate...

^^^ Yeah, what he said.