Trailer Building 101....

Jst2fst

We plan on partying in each city we stop for the night we would have too much crap to carry on bikes. That was the original idea before we wanted to trailer or haul the bikes out. As far as the bikes go were pretty much set on the Gixxer's .

As of now were looking at about between $1100-$1300 for the truck for the two weeks that's including mileage and fuel and hotel stay for three days heading to and from Seattle. Fuel is where were getting killed on so far were estimating diesel to be at the most around $4.50/gal ish not exactly sure though. Enterprise said the fuel mileage was 35mpg. With $400 one way we'd get about 3100 miles if the truck does get 35mph the same go for the return trip. But Seattle is only 2400 miles so were over miles on fuel by like a 700 miles. Were over budgeting everything to make sure we have enough money. Fuel is over budgeted by like $200 round trip.

I'm not buying anymore cars from Craigslist the last vehicle I bought the guy said it was mechanically sound and then they tranny blew...:nono:

Bullshit....

well, I'll say this a much better idea than the original post. Sounds like you're working things out.

Personally, I'd still ride out. But 3 day rides from dawn to dusk is not everyone's cup of tea...to each their own.

Regardless, plan on an extra $200 each of you as "oh-shit" just in case money. It'll come in handy if you have any problems or Sugar at the Bunny Ranch takes you to the Champagne Room.

If I were taking a bike to the west coast' date=' the last thing I'd be doing is partying all the time. You'd never find me, unless you looked on every single twisted mountain road within a fuel tanks reserve.

Motorcycle road trip: You're doing it wrong.[/quote']

We will when we get to Seattle, the main point of this trip is to visit of buddy of ours in the Navy he's got an 08' Fireblade with him were gonna ride once we get there.

...and downhill with a tailwind.

What brand/model truck is this?

the one hes renting or the one my dad has?

My dads is an 04ish Ford F350 diesel dually

My 2010 2500HD Vortec gets a solid 13mpg towing a 5x8 utility trailer with 2 bikes

the one hes renting or the one my dad has?

My dads is an 04ish Ford F350 diesel dually

My 2010 2500HD Vortec gets a solid 13mpg towing a 5x8 utility trailer with 2 bikes

The one he's renting. My dad has owned a few Ford diesels and I don't think he's ever been out of the teens. He's usually lucky to see the high teens.

Not a Chevy man, but I seriously doubt that a 3500 HD would average 20 mpg, let alone 35.

The one he's renting. My dad has owned a few Ford diesels and I don't think he's ever been out of the teens. He's usually lucky to see the high teens.

Not a Chevy man, but I seriously doubt that a 3500 HD would average 20 mpg, let alone 35.

We'll I have no idea what the mph is. Can't seem to find the truck year. I'm thinking its no older than an 07' or '08.

http://www.dieselbombers.com/chevy-gmc-truck-duramax-turbo-diesel-forum/13444-duramax-mpg-thread.html

If you see 25 mpg pulling two bikes and doing 70 mph I'll eat my hat.

I look forward towards watching you eat your hat. Enjoy.... :D

FYI: Bikes are gonna be in the bed not trailing them.

This road trip has fail written all over it.

First..towing 2 bikes w/ a four cylinder honda across the country..I mean come, where's your common sense.

Ok, that idea finally ditched after everyone and their mothers telling you not to. Now your renting a truck and taking the employees word on mpg on a truck he's probly never driven. You plan to party along the way while having 2 bikes in the back of a truck?? That's the dumbest idea ever...let's go party, get drunk..next morning....dude, where's your bike dude?

I say you either put the bikes in the truck and drive there and only stop for food/gas/restrooms/hotels.

Or man up and ride there

This road trip has fail written all over it.

First..towing 2 bikes w/ a four cylinder honda across the country..I mean come, where's your common sense.

Ok, that idea finally ditched after everyone and their mothers telling you not to. Now your renting a truck and taking the employees word on mpg on a truck he's probly never driven. You plan to party along the way while having 2 bikes in the back of a truck?? That's the dumbest idea ever...let's go party, get drunk..next morning....dude, where's your bike dude?

I say you either put the bikes in the truck and drive there and only stop for food/gas/restrooms/hotels.

Or man up and ride there

What's your deal man? Not every time someone says party meas being wasted off their azz. Were not gonna do something stupid like oh I don't know loose one of our bikes. Next time actually take the time to read the thread and you'll of seen that Isaac's showed a link to the mph information. Not sure why you feel the need to be thread Nazi and kick someone for changing plans that seemed foolish. Trips not for six months plenty of time to work things out the right way. As said renting the truck works out in our favor. If I'm sounding like a douche bad its not intentional.

What's your deal man? Not every time someone says party meas being wasted off their azz. Were not gonna do something stupid like oh I don't know loose one of our bikes. Next time actually take the time to read the thread and you'll of seen that Isaac's showed a link to the mph information. Not sure why you feel the need to be thread Nazi and kick someone for changing plans that seemed foolish. Trips not for six months plenty of time to work things out the right way. As said renting the truck works out in our favor. If I'm sounding like a douche bad its not intentional.

1. I'm happy to see you've changed your plans bc the towing idea was silly.

2. I'm not trying to sound like a douche either;)

Why a 1ton diesel' date=' anyway? Can't you just rent a 1/2ton Chevy? I've never rented a truck before.. would that be less expensive?[/quote']

That's all they had, when we called them. Not many places will rent to 23 year old's and not charge an arm and a leg.

Dude.. take the money you would've spent on a truck. Invest in some luggage' date=' rain gear, fresh rubber(michelin/trojan), some maps and have an adventure on your bike.. while you're still young enough to get away with it. It will be a fraction of the dollars you would have spent, moar memorable and, from the sounds of it, less of a giant pain in the ass.[/quote']

Is still an option but right now its not looking good to ride out as of now. Plans could possibly change again. Yes, it would be nice to ride cross country and site see along the way. We've never traveled remotely close to this. Its gonna be an uncomfortable ride on gixers.