FS: Motorcycle Hitch Carrier

rslocum

Looking to buy a trailer to haul my motorcycle and atv so this has to go. Bought it from this website.

http://www.discountramps.com/hd-motorcycle-carrier.htm

Looking to get $400. This carrier can support up to 600#'s. Carried my CBR 1000RR like it wasn't even back there.

http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/mcy/2134516983.html

I've always thought the idea of a hitch carrier was interesting, but I'm concerned about tongue weight issues if I were to put the Hayabusa on one.

rslo - what class hitch did you use? what truck/suv did you use it with (along with the rated tongue weight)? How easy are the tie downs? I know I always have to finagle straps around the fairings because the clip-ons don't stick out far enough...

I've always thought the idea of a hitch carrier was interesting, but I'm concerned about tongue weight issues if I were to put the Hayabusa on one.

rslo - what class hitch did you use? what truck/suv did you use it with (along with the rated tongue weight)? How easy are the tie downs? I know I always have to finagle straps around the fairings because the clip-ons don't stick out far enough...

My truck is a 2500HD with a class IV hitch. The carrier has nice extend-able tie down points. I usually used straps around the front lower triple tree which put the straps on the inside of the mid/lower fairings. Then used the rear foot pegs to anchor the rear. I could load and strap the bike down myself.

Cool. Yea I could see why you probably don't even notice it then. Class IVs are what, around 1000# tongue weight rated?

Other people might be pushing it with a factory Class III (like on, say, a 1500 Avalanche which is rated for 600# tongue weight).

I wouldn't think twice about using a F150 or 1500 series vehicle using this carrier. I wouldn't recommend it with your ford explorers or jeep type SUV's with heavier bikes. There is definitely a generous safety factor in the "hitch carrying" specs. Has a lot to do with wheel base also.

can i use this carrier on my car's hitch? it seems like a perfect fit (lololol)

just wanted to bump saying i've seen this in action several times last year and it works awesome. perfect for those with a good hitch and 1 bike to tow.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...