Tire install? Dayton area

scotty

Yeah I bought a tire online. I have never replaced a tire on a motorcycle so I don't know what place is best, money wise. I really like Vista Kawasaki. Not to far from me so maybe I will go down their. Thanks!

Yeah I bought a tire online. I have never replaced a tire on a motorcycle so I don't know what place is best, money wise. I really like Vista Kawasaki. Not to far from me so maybe I will go down their. Thanks!

You could ask someone to teach you how to change it yourself. ;)

You could ask someone to teach you how to change it yourself. ;)

I'm sure I can take the tire off and install the new one. I've done it with car tires when I worked in shops. It's just blancing the rim with the new tire.

I'm sure I can take the tire off and install the new one. I've done it with car tires when I worked in shops. It's just blancing the rim with the new tire.

Unless you are a speed demon or have a very cheap tire balancing can be done with the tire on the bike. You may need to pull the rotor but just using the weight of the wheel spinning freely on the axel with the center stand or a quad lift.

Unless you are a speed demon or have a very cheap tire balancing can be done with the tire on the bike. You may need to pull the rotor but just using the weight of the wheel spinning freely on the axel with the center stand or a quad lift.

Hum, explain please?:)

I'm no speed demon lol and its a Michelin tire.

Hum, explain please?:)

I'm no speed demon lol and its a Michelin tire.

I believe you see where the tire will consistently rotate to, when you take your hand off. Try a quarter turn all around, and use a pencil or something to mark the top when it's done rotating. Put a little weight there, then repeat?

Something like that, for an idea. But I AM NOT AN EXPERT, so this is only my limited recollection from reading my service manual...;)

I believe you see where the tire will consistently rotate to, when you take your hand off. Try a quarter turn all around, and use a pencil or something to mark the top when it's done rotating. Put a little weight there, then repeat?

Something like that, for an idea. But I AM NOT AN EXPERT, so this is only my limited recollection from reading my service manual...;)

Haha thanks! :D I tried to take the tire off myself. After about 5 minutes of tring to break the bead off the rim, I just gave up and took it to a shop, well tried. No one likes to work on bikes on Mondays. :rolleyes: Vista had all there techs gone for some class, then Sporty's Honda was closed so I just drove up to Competition Accessories. :cool: Easy $40 gone..

Haha thanks! :D I tried to take the tire off myself. After about 5 minutes of tring to break the bead off the rim, I just gave up and took it to a shop, well tried. No one likes to work on bikes on Mondays. :rolleyes: Vista had all there techs gone for some class, then Sporty's Honda was closed so I just drove up to Competition Accessories. :cool: Easy $40 gone..

40 bucks? foole :eek:

Yeah I know.. Seems a little much. Although, every place I called was right around that same price. I am going to invest in a DIY tire changing station. Harbor Freight sales one for a good price, so I am looking into that!

Yeah I know.. Seems a little much. Although, every place I called was right around that same price. I am going to invest in a DIY tire changing station. Harbor Freight sales one for a good price, so I am looking into that!

Jeez, I even told where to do it for 30 bucks.....

yea tires unlimited at needmore rd is a good place they have all the right equipment and are pretty fast. Although their tire prices are kinda on the high side imo.

In the spring they usually have some decent bike tire sale deals, but after that I agree, prices on are on the high side. Mostly I just buy my tires online and get them mounted there. They are still happy to have your business. (The owner there rides a Speed Triple.) Very occasionally the balance job is off and they have no problem redoing it for you. - Sometimes I have dropped off the wheel/tire on the way to work in the morning and picked it up on the way home in the evening. I've done quite a few bike tires there and no complaints. :cool: