Would this be insensitive or profiteering?

8mmDale

I was thinking about having a Glock sale at my store in honor of Congresswoman Carolyn McCarthy. Since this dumbass works so hard to sell firearms by calling for bans on stuff which then turn into goldmines for gun sellers, I was thinking about doing a sale in her honor. Something like for every new Glock purchased you would get a free extra "high capacity" magazine.

Would that be wrong?

• Downvote 1

I was reading elsewhere tonight that magazine sales have been up significantly in the past few days due to talk of banning any that hold more than 10 rounds.

Rep Carolyn McCarthy (D-NY) (...double "duh" there) that plans to introduce a bill to do just that, ban sales of 11+ round magazines, next week.

I would posit that 8mm is thinking of a sale in honor of her, not Gabrielle Giffords.

@8mm: do you have a storefront, or are you operating from your home?

I was reading elsewhere tonight that magazine sales have been up significantly in the past few days due to talk of banning any that hold more than 10 rounds.

Rep Carolyn McCarthy (D-NY) (...double "duh" there) that plans to introduce a bill to do just that, ban sales of 11+ round magazines, next week.

I would posit that 8mm is thinking of a sale in honor of her, not Gabrielle Giffords.

I realize she wants to ban the mags, but it because of Giffords that she wants/feels it will succeed to do this.

A little girl lost her life.

:nono:

In his defense, he didn't say anything about the girl. Trust me, I don't think anyone here sees this event as anything other than a tragedy.

Honestly, why do you need more than 10 rounds in a handgun? I have a pistol solely for home defense. If I empty ten rounds and haven't killed the intruder, I should probably be reaching for something larger anyways if I'm not already dead. I really don't care either way, although I'm of course against the government banning much of anything, so.....

In his defense, he didn't say anything about the girl. Trust me, I don't think anyone here sees this event as anything other than a tragedy.....

You're right, I edited a little. I don't think that was the intent either. The sick, hypocritical thing about it is that I was thinking of picking up a G19 this week.

$499 in their flyer, 9mm or .40.

My price is better than that! (and I have .357 Sigs too).

But I didn't mean that it had anything to do with the shit head who shot up Tuscon. But this ass hole McCarthy has no concept of reality about what she is doing. She gives Glock more publicity than anyone when she does this, and she has to know it has no chance of going anywhere. Maybe 15 years ago, but today? No way.

Shes going to be the 2011 gun salesman of the year in her quest to ban everything that can cause injury in the hands of the wrong people.

I think the 9 year old dying was the worst thing about the event. What kind of sick fuck could have done that? They should give this guy death by sledge hammer.

• Upvote 1

Not sure why everyone's up in arms about this. People spending money.. that's a good thing' date=' so long as it isn't credit card money. (but, that's another topic.. inidit?)[/quote']

I use my card quite frequenly but pay off the balance every month. I have enough cabelas points to equal about 700 dollars in merchandise.

I use my card quite frequenly but pay off the balance every month. I have enough cabelas points to equal about 700 dollars in merchandise.

same reason i use my credit card. Its how I bought got TV and new Xbox for essentially free :D