1.01 CT Diamond Engagement Ring For Sale

vw151

ill be 21 in like a month lol, and yes i know i was stupid which is why i wont do it again till im like 30 lol

I already told my boys (now 10 and 7) - dont even think about marriage till > 29 years of age !!! Its a fact i embed in their brains whenever possible. Guys need their entire 20's to become men. :p

I have a daughter too but i'll support any marriage efforts on her behalf as long as she's finished college and her fiance is at least 29! ;)

• Upvote 1

I already told my boys (now 10 and 7) - dont even think about marriage till > 29 years of age !!! Its a fact i embed in their brains whenever possible. Guys need their entire 20's to become men. :p

I have a daughter too but i'll support any marriage efforts on her behalf as long as she's finished college and her fiance is at least 29! ;)

I'd say alot of that depends on the guy, and his background :p:p

Been with mine since 29....Now 46. I think you've got it nailed.

I gave her the ring on my 30th birthday. Apparently your logic failed on me. ;)

Good luck with that.

My own personal opinion is that women who need something so expensive and gawdy for bragging rights aren't worth it. Beautiful ring yes.. but my $300 ring is just fine.

Much more important things then the size of the rock on your finger.

But that's just me...

Good luck with that.

My own personal opinion is that women who need something so expensive and gawdy for bragging rights aren't worth it. Beautiful ring yes.. but my $300 ring is just fine.

But that's just me...

maybe VW151 worked hard and got a good job so that he can afford to buy a nice ring for someone that he cared about. It seems that you are trying to make him feel bad because he can afford nice things.

I am glad that you are happy with your $300 ring. Actually a lot of women say the same thing after they get caught eyeballing the shit out of my wifes ring.

Edited by shittygsxr

Good luck with that.

But that's just me...

But theres a big diff btw a girl asking for a big ring and a guy wanting to give a big ring.

maybe VW151 worked hard and got a good job so that he can afford to buy a nice ring for someone that he cared about. It seems that you are trying to make him feel bad because he can afford nice things.

I am glad that you are happy with your $300 ring. Actually a lot of women say the same thing after they get caught eyeballing the shit out of my wifes ring.

But theres a big diff btw a girl asking for a big ring and a guy wanting to give a big ring.

agree with both of these guys.

i lucked out - i got a $5k ring for $1200 when IDG was going down the drain - got in there like a week before the place shut down and basically stole it from them

i was hoping to give my gf a lightly used MV Augusta for an engagement... uhh... bike.

i was going to buy it in my name, and make sure it was included in the pre-nup. i don't think she'll go for it, though. what a materialistic biotch, gawd

lol

i was hoping to give my gf a lightly used MV Augusta for an engagement... uhh... bike.

i was going to buy it in my name, and make sure it was included in the pre-nup. i don't think she'll go for it, though. what a materialistic biotch, gawd

lol

Just tell her its better than a symbian. :eek:

• Upvote 1

Same exact thing I've been tellin' my kids since they were little ;)

I gave her the ring on my 30th birthday. Apparently your logic failed on me. ;)

So you're admitting the breakup was your fault :p

It is probably a blessing in disquise that things did not work out. Better that things did not work out now instead of marrying her and lose half of everything in a divorce.

A lot of people have said that and it's one of the few silver linings to the situation.

So you're saying you overcompensated for other "short"cummings ;)

Good luck with that.

But that's just me...

She never asked for anything like this ring. I bought it because at the time I believed it was the only engagement ring I would ever buy and because I've worked hard and can afford it I spent as much as I could afford in order to make her feel special. Some people on this board have their opinions about the diamond trade or about expensive rings being gawdy and unnecessary and that's fine I respect that. In this case, this is the route I went. I loved the ring as much as she did. I really liked seeing her wear it and I was proud that I was able to afford to put it on her finger and I even liked it when her friends were blown away by it. If I made more money than I do, it probably would have been even nicer. That's just how I am. I knew she would appreciate it so I bought it.

I don't understand why people come on my "for sale" thread and feel the need to share their "opinion" about the ring. It's just a ring. I realize it's more than some people can afford or even think is worthwhile, and others feel strongly about Debeers and the blood diamonds and so on and so forth. The world is full of hypocrisy, and tragedy in many aspects of life. I get it, I just don't get why an add in the classifieds on a motorcycle forum needs to become a soap box for everyone's opinion on diamonds.

Alas, it didn't work out. Oh well. With the next girl we'll see. I just hope I can get some decent money out of this one and move on because I don't have much use for a diamond worth thousands of dollars right now.

• Upvote 1

Maybe you should just sell the mount, store the stone and give it to the next one instead of taking the heavy loss? There is always gonna be another one and It would save you monies in the long run to just recycle the rock.

Uh oh, I hope the wimminz dont see this. :cool: