Dubguy85

Which track/ dates do you prefer?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Which track/ dates do you prefer?

• Mid Ohio - Monday/Tuesday Event. May 9/10. or June 6/7
    • BeaveRun with Moto Series.. Only 1 day event. June 25
    • Putnam Park 1 day event with Indy Ducati - May 29
    • Grattan - STT 2 day event. Farthest to drive. June 4/5

I'll be mounting up my first set of track bodywork this weekend, Saturday mid day into the evening. From what I see need to drill some holes for the windscreen, and the previous owner didn;t include everything to mount fully, but we are going to at least get it on the bike and order a sharkskinz mounting hardwear kid for the couple of groments I need. The Dzus fasteners will make the lower nice for sure though.

Lets do this!

i can not, for the life of me, get the tail piece from the track plastics onto my bike (I had been running my OEM plastics back there). time to get a heat gun.

...how easy is it to melt and destroy track plastics with a heat gun?

i can not, for the life of me, get the tail piece from the track plastics onto my bike (I had been running my OEM plastics back there). time to get a heat gun.

Please let me help, I would love to see you burn your bike down.

what brand plastics? I don't know what brand mine are, but they have a 2-piece tail to (hopefully) avoid this problem, and I remember it still being a bitch and a half last time I painted...

If you're having the problem I think you're having, it's best to start from the back, widen the narrow part of the tail as much as possible to get it over the narrowest part of the sub-frame, and then sort of "slide" the whole thing forward once it's down.

easier to show you than describe, but it might make sense if you've been trying it.

I would trim the fairings with a dremel before trying to heat them though...

Yeah my tail section doesnt look to fit the undertail that great either, but not overly worried aobut that. The holes lineup on the under tail with the holes on the subframe, so it ll mount, and i will make it work.

My friend that did all his own bodywork, paints cars for us etc. is coming to help me line it all up. Then I will order the bolts I need to replace or what not, and be done. For the time being zip ties will support a few places, mirror holes, rear bolt I was speaking of early, rest will be Dzus and oem hardware.

• 2 weeks later...
Can we get a quantity discount for Mid Ohio June 6th & 7th? Whoever is knowledgeable about this let us know. Otherwise I'm just going to pay up & show up.

Just the typical $10 off that you get for being an OR member, you won't get anything else.

Just the typical $10 off that you get for being an OR member, you won't get anything else.

Thanks. I'll be signed up in the next day or 2 & cross my fingers for no rain. Although I hear track riding in the wet builds character.

Thanks. I'll be signed up in the next day or 2 & cross my fingers for no rain. Although I hear track riding in the wet builds character.

Not at Mid-Ohio, only thing riding in the rain at Mid-Ohio will do is wad up your bike.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Guess I'm a needy boy. Anybody renting a garage that they've got space in that I could share cost on? Anybody from anywhere near North Ridgeville got any space on their trailer that I could share cost?