My new Track day buddy!

grapesmuggler27

"These are the simple rules. No barking, no growling, you will not lift your leg to anything in this house. This is not your room. No slobbering, no chewing, you will wear a flea collar. This is not your room. No begging for food, no sniffing of crotches, and you will not drink from my toilet. This is not your room."

Good looking pup. If I'm not traveling solo, I will bring Henry (aka Hank) to the track with me.

attack_beagle.jpg

He's under 40 lbs, but he doesn't know it. we'll have to set up some kind of fenced in area and let them all tire the hell out of each other.

I'm picking up a young shepherd mix for the rescue my wife and I volunteer with on Sunday. We just got a shepherd/collie mix adopted a couple days ago. That dog was SMART. She learned new commands in 2 or 3 tries, and itemized our tax deductions!

I won't be bringing my dog along as I like all of you and I know you all like your limbs in tact as well. Basco, loves me, myself, and I, and that's about it. Anyone who comes into the house, isn't safe unless I am there end of story.

Not trying to scare my friends, but let's just say I will leave my junkyard dog at home.

Cute pup for sure, my next is a Mastiff from one of the rescues, possibly 2.

Yes please do NOT bring your dog unless you have someone there with you to take care of them. Last thing we need is loose animals running around. Also as it has been stated check and make sure that the particular track you are attending allows dogs because there are some that don't.

What do you guys do with your dogs while youre actually on the track?

Im afraid to bring my pug in fear some of your dogs or Jbot will eat her.

picture.php?albumid=917&pictureid=13217

it kinda depends on how calm your dog is while he's on a lead and with loud bikes and lots of people around him/her.

Gatsby is mostly laid back and calm, so the most I have had to do with him for "confinement" is put him on a lead or leash with his collar or his harness. I recommend the harness.

i give him a pad to lay on and if it's hot out, put it where there is shade so he can stay cool. i also make sure he has LOTS of water to drink, and walk him as often as I can so he doesn't get too antsy. By "as much as I can" I mean 2-3 times around the grass in my leathers lol. try to do this while it is light outside cause it is hard to see dark poo in the dark. Bring lots of plastic bags just in case.

I try to keep him as far away from the bikes/generators as I can while not SO far he can't see me, and i can't watch him. I'll try to put my chair by him too if possible so he can wander over to play attention whore when he's feeling needy.

If your dog struggles against collars/harnesses often and/or your dog is a more anxious dog, you'll want more supervision.

All that said, I wouldn't bring the dog unless it's necessary. The only times I drag Gatsby with me to the track is when my GF can't take care of him while I'm gone for the weekend.

Good looking pup. If I'm not traveling solo, I will bring Henry (aka Hank) to the track with me.

attack_beagle.jpg

He's under 40 lbs, but he doesn't know it. we'll have to set up some kind of fenced in area and let them all tire the hell out of each other.

I think Hank and my dogs would do have a hell of a time together. They fight each other (litter mates) occasionally but our great with other dogs/puppies. The boy is just over 40# and the girl is just under. They are Beabulls 3/4 english bulldog and 1/4 beagle.

29040101502014920952047.jpg

19662131012087061711584.jpg