Finally took the plunge

jporter12

I went to Buckeye Outdoors and picked up a XD .40 sub compact.

post-3729-13690979199471_thumb.jpg

This is my first gun. I plan to take the class to get my CHL, soon. I need to get some range time, and handling under my belt ASAP! :lol:

So far, all I've done is a field strip, and cleaned it. I may put a few rounds through it tomorrow.

I also bought a Uncle Mike's IWB holster, but I think I'm gonna need a different size. I got the 12, which is supposed to be for the common sub compact models, or something like that.

• Upvote 1

He did get one of the nano vaults for it. Brought it over for me to fondle. ;)

Nano Vault. I have the gun in there, with the cable lock through it for now, and the ammo in another part of the house, until I get more comfortable with it, put some rounds through it, and get the kids educated.

I was a bit disappointed with the nanovault at first, since the lid didn't lock down tight. I had time to investigate tonight, and I found that the little metal catch on the end of the lock cylinder wasn't tight. Now it closes down nicely.

Are you sure it's a gun? I don't see an M&P logo on it.

Anything else is just a colorless Roman candle.

Ya know, I haven't fired it yet. I'll get back to you tomorrow.

Nano Vault. I have the gun in there, with the cable lock through it for now, and the ammo in another part of the house, until I get more comfortable with it, put some rounds through it, and get the kids educated.

I was a bit disappointed with the nanovault at first, since the lid didn't lock down tight. I had time to investigate tonight, and I found that the little metal catch on the end of the lock cylinder wasn't tight. Now it closes down nicely.

That's what I said, nano vault. :wtf: Anyways, glad you got it tightened down. Bring some ammo tomorrow and print out some targets. You can get some trigger time in during lunch.

Oh, and you should feel special...this is my

9,000th post!

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Very wise move. My kids are very familiar with guns, but I still have several small safes all over the house. I was a little boy once too.

That's what I said, nano vault. :wtf: Anyways, glad you got it tightened down. Bring some ammo tomorrow and print out some targets. You can get some trigger time in during lunch.

Oh, and you should feel special...this is my

9,000th post!

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

I was backing up what you said about me as being correct. Geesh. And who cares how many posts you have? :postwhore:

I was already planning to bring it all tomorrow! I was looking it over, analyzing how it all works earlier tonight. The magazine springs are pretty stiff! I hope they "break in" a little bit! :lol: