Gun to carry question..

NinjaNick

I don't have a carry gun, but was curious if this is too big to carry or just fine? Gun size is what I'm referring to, not caliber.

Thanks for any input. :cheers:

http://www.gandermountain.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?i=422418&pdesc=Taurus_Millenium_Pro_45_ACP_Blue_Finish&aID=510C1&merchID=4006

422418_M1.jpg

I carry a GLOCK 23 which isn't always completely concealable because of it's size, but I don't care either. It doesn't bother me if the end is sticking out the bottom of a shirt or jacket or if it imprints a bit sometimes. The wife carries a Springfield XD9 subcompact which conceals much easier. Neither of us carry in a boot or on leg. She carries in a shoulder type or waist and I carry on waist. You'll find it easier to find something slimmer with a higher capacity moving down in calibers also.

Size is completely personal preference. Mine is bigger than that. I only carry IWB at 4 o'clock or OWB at 3 o'clock. After the first couple weeks, I didn't even know it was there anymore. I have no issues on the mike and my only issue it when I carry OWB, I tend to sometimes hit it getting into the car.

I'm not really comfortable carrying in the ankle because I feel that would be wasted time to reach it. If I carried a back up gun, I'd carry it there though.

I would honestly go look, handle and rent a few. VRA and Target World both have a decent selection of rentals. I've never consider carrying in a boot though so I'm not sure what I would recommend for something like that specifically. You're more than welcome to shoot what I have though if you want to meet at the range sometime.

i carry on the ankle very rarely. mainly when i know i'll be driving alot. BUT that is secondary to my main carry of the M&P 9. Ankle should never be your main carry. always back-up.

My ankle holster is just a cheap elastic and velcro job. i didn't think it would work at first either BUT it's very comfy and secure.

41XTG70iZ8L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

What kind of carry are you wanting? I mean do you want something NO ONE will notice or you you not car if you print? (People can see a bulge and/or the outline of the firearm)

BeeGreen-Yeah I've see little girls carry huge .45's and I've seen huge guys only like to carry a .32 or .380.

I would honestly go look, handle and rent a few. VRA and Target World both have a decent selection of rentals. I've never consider carrying in a boot though so I'm not sure what I would recommend for something like that specifically. You're more than welcome to shoot what I have though if you want to meet at the range sometime.

Lets do that sometime this year fo'sho. :D Thanks for the offer. Yeah, I'll have to rent one of their guns sometime.

What kind of carry are you wanting? I mean do you want something NO ONE will notice or you you not car if you print? (People can see a bulge and/or the outline of the firearm)

I don't care if they see it, I'm more looking for comfort on my body. Also if I'm driving to be comfortable...or should I take it off in car?

I don't care if they see it, I'm more looking for comfort on my body. Also if I'm driving to be comfortable...or should I take it off in car?

It will depend on your body type and what you feel is comfy. I carry a medium size gun and don't notice it anymore. Some people take them off in the car so it's comfy or so they can get to it easier. I usually don't.

Best thing would be to try them out. If you want to wear my M&P .45 compact, you're more than welcome to. Like I said, I have an IWB and OWB holster you can try. It's really hard for anyone to say what would be good for YOU.

I've been considering a shoulder harness. Would be easy to get to, protected from hitting it on something and hidden under my jacket.