Fork Seals and Tires

GESEXER

I got a 2002 GSXR 600 and need to do the fork seals and tires is their anyone that knows how much it would be at the pony or if anyone knows of a good place to get them replaced. Also i have been told the Michelin Pilot tires are a good way to go, I was trying to see where i could get the best deal for the front and back tire. Thank You!

Pilot powers are great tires. I have the PP tires on my 03 600, and I have the pilot roads on my busa. It is hard to beat Michelin tires. Personally the only other tires I would go with would be Dunlop for the 600. On the busa, it is hard to keep a tire for long. That eats tires apart in no time.

As for deal, search around on the internet. You can always find deals on them. I usually get mine from www.tiresunlimited.com They are out of Dayton I believe, and I have tires usually the next day if they are ordered before they ship all the tires out for the day. Pilot power 2ct is on sale there right now for 271, pilot powers are 242.

2ct versions have a softer side for corner grip, and harder center compound for longer life.

Once you have found the tires you want, PM Hoblick and he can do the install very reasonably. I had him put Pilot Road 2s on my VFR yesterday. Excellent to work with.

Once you have found the tires you want, PM Hoblick and he can do the install very reasonably. I had him put Pilot Road 2s on my VFR yesterday. Excellent to work with.

This^ and Hoblick had a way of getting Mich PPs for a purdy good price. I hope this is still the case as i need another set mounted up.

+3 for Reuben. Just got back from his place yesterday with my bike. If you can get the forks off, just call and ship them out to him. He can redo it all and send them right back with new fluid/seals and proper spring rates if you need it.

Had him do just about everything for me so far and I'll keep going back. (Full refresh on front forks/penske shock, supersport engine build, steering head bearings, geometry adjustment, and shifter/tranny inspection) All in two weeks timeframe and a great price.

Edited by SJC1000rr
Edit for "he' instead of I