Worth my time?

gen3flygirl

It sounds like it's either (outside) left engine cover, or (center) engine case cracked on the left side. One is relatively easy to fix, the other is nearly totaled. Either way, it sounds like it took a hard hit on the roadway. Various other parts could be bent or out of shape. Like front forks, frame, or swingarm. (picture bike trying to wrap around engine when it might have struck the ground.) It needs a real close up look, to find out what's up.

ask him in your girliest of valley girl voices:

"Is the cracked part... LIIIIKE, this round thingie (HEHE!) Hear?!1!1!"

Honda%20CBR600RR%20ABS.jpg

or better yet, tell him to just take a pic of the thing, and ask him flat out if the forks, frame, and swing arm are straight.

if it hit hard enough to crack the damn thing, my guess something is bent to shit.

You can crack the case in that area by crashing, throwing a chain, or even overtightening a stator cover bolt. Depends on what caused it and how bad it is.

Might be something you can JB weld to hold oil and ride forever, but the value would be whatever it's worth to you.

Cracked case = engine death.

Pass on this one or be prepared to re-build the entire motor with parts priced like they are made from pure gold. If they offer that the motor is bad what else is bad?

Honda's price on the right side case cover is 176.04 and the cap (the round thing towards the bottom with a bolt head stamped into it) is 12.87.

Add a real, not a backyard mechanic to rip the entire motor apart to replace the case which holds all the other parts in place. Add the other parts which you find are bad after you take it apart...

Run don't walk away from this one...

Buy some other one for a couple of bucks more that doesn't include the not so free aggravation.

If it is a side cover it wont be that bad. If it is a engine case... Do yourself a favor (unless you have mad motor skills you are not telling us about) and let it go. Sometimes when you find these spectacular deals, they really are too good to be true.

I don't know about everyone else on here, but personally I would not be selling a 05 cbr for 2K if that was the only issue. For 176 bones I could fix it, relatively under 200 dollars would be my guess. After gaskets and whatever else might be needed. Then I would put it back on CL, rated up there with all the others. 3500-6000. So 2K does not make since for just a side case.