Bike report: '03 cbr 600rr

Jst2fst

Ok, so I just got my new bike yesterday a 2003 Honda CBR600RR from having a 94 Katana. I though that it would be some weeks before we would get some decent weather to ride but somehow today in Ohio of all places we had some good weather. So I went out and rode pretty much all day while at work and afterwords. Just got back in about twenty minutes ago and put 57.2 miles on the bike. I love this bike so much better than the Katana. The handling and throttle response are fantastic. As for the highway the bike handles extremely well no wobble in the forks and the bike is pretty stable. The one thing I have to get use to the bike is the seat position not bad just not use to it yet and I need to possibly find some high top shoes pretty hard to shift and break in work boots.

For the people that have a CBR600RR how do you like it. I've only had mine for a little over 24hrs and I don't wanna let it go.

Had an 04 and liked it pretty well. Only got rid of it because I traded up to an 07 1000rr. I have an 07 600 that I turned into a race bike and I really like it so far also. Changed the oem brake pads out and that helped braking performance along with SS lines. Other then that, maybe get an aftermarket seat for longer trips as it does save your butt. (Sargent worked wonders for me). Overall, I think I liked the riding position of the 04 better then the 07, but agility wise the 07 is better.

mine was my favorite of the 3 bikes I've owned so far :)

They are built pretty well, when I'm n it I don't wanna stop riding.

I had the exact same bike from '03 thru '07. Even the same color. Put about 30,000 miles on it. Great bike, no problems. You should be able to expand your abilities on it over the Katana. Good luck.

Wow that's a lot of miles for four years. Yea, I plan on having mine for some time.

Put around 2500 on mine in a little over a month. I've done a few long days and only after a 300+ 7 hour trip my butt and knees hurt. Mostly a comfortable bike. Good power and handling and I can't wait to track it. I've done plenty two up and my gf finds it to be pretty comfortable. We've done a four hour trip and she didn't complain. Not really great for around town but works for commuting. I'm currently looking for a new bike to do some touring/commuting with and keeping my CBR for joy riding.

mine gets the job done. It's still better than I am on the track, and gets the job done (relatively) cheaply.

Not sure how I'd like it as a street bike, but it has a lot of good attributes that will definitely get you to overlook the 'hard edge' stuff.

I don't have a 600, I have a 954 but I love Honda! I am selling mine and will not have a bike for a while and I seriously want to break down and cry... I have had mine almost two years and I am addicted to it. I have no idea what I will do without it, but I will say this, I will get another Honda when I do get my next bike, that is for sure!

get a pair of these instead of hi-tops. I have a pair for normal street riding and they feel great and have a little more flexibility then boots and more protection then normal sneakers for about the same price. $100

2010-Shift-Racing-Fuel-Street-Shoes.jpg

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/1/36/13094/ITEM/Shift-Racing-Fuel-Street-Shoes.aspx

Well you know what I have now, so I am no help there. I know I would not give the superchicken up for nothing! I am loving it and you are right getting it out even for a 10 mile ride yesterday was just what the doctor ordered!

I fought my allergy issues Friday and Saturday. Played some pool at Suzy-Q's Saturday afternoon and had a few too many drinks. Got home late slep in late Sunday. Got the bike out and felt great the rest of the day! After only a 10 mile trip, I am thinking it was the sudden surge of Adrenalin when I twisted that throttle on the chicken! WOW! The pipes I am sure would sound great for out on a race track. But I am waiting on a ticket for them, yes they are that extreme.

Edited by Beegreenstrings

Graduating from a 02 Katana to a 03 600RR, the biggest thing I noticed and had to adjust to was the throttle response from carb to FI. It's really important to maintain discipline on that and no be an idiot, FI responds immediately(ish) to throttle input where carbs will give you some time to think about what you're about to do.

The first things I did to mine when I got it were putting on some Bridgestone BT-016's, SS lines front/rear, replaced the brake pads front/rear (I put EBC HH's on there, if I had to do it again I'd probably get Vesrah's) and replaced the front rotors (one was warped, replaced with Alth's).

i bought my 03 600rr with the expectation that it would be a good reliable appliance, to get me through crashes while I learn to pick up speed at the track while remaining competitive with even some of the newer bikes given similarly experienced riders. I went into it thinking i'd buy it, use it up, and toss it away like a microwave.

Well, it did everything I expected it to, but I'm in love with the bike.

I experienced my first track day, my first knee on pavement experience, my first (and 2nd and 3rd) crash at the track, my first "oh shit the rear tire is getting a bit slick" moment, and on and on and on... all without a hiccup (at least, nothing that I didn't induce from stupidity).

the 600rr might not have a distinct "character" per se... but much like crazy hot bitches versus the attractive faithful smart girl with a good job and etc etc etc, you fuck around with the former, and marry the latter. the 600rr will always get you there and back, and it will be good at everything while doing it. between the F4i and the 600rr (in 03, they were pretty similar anyway) it is the quintessential "do it all while still being a supersport" bike.

get to know that bike, and it'll never let you down, and you'll never want to give it up,

Never gonna run around and desert you

Never gonna make you cry

Never gonna say goodbye

Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you

We've known each other for so long

Your heart's been aching but

You're too shy to say it

Inside we both know what's been going on

We know the game and we're gonna play it

And if you ask me how I'm feeling

Don't tell me you're too blind to see

Never gonna give you up

Never gonna let you down

Never gonna make you cry

Never gonna say goodbye

Never gonna give you up

Never gonna let you down

Never gonna make you cry

Never gonna say goodbye

(Ooh, give you up)

(Ooh, give you up)

(Ooh)

Never gonna give, never gonna give

(Give you up)

(Ooh)

Never gonna give, never gonna give

(Give you up)

We've know each other for so long

Your heart's been aching but

You're too shy to say it

Inside we both know what's been going on

We know the game and we're gonna play it

I just wanna tell you how I'm feeling

Gotta make you understand

Never gonna give you up

Never gonna let you down

Never gonna make you cry

Never gonna say goodbye

Never gonna give you up

Never gonna let you down

Never gonna make you cry

Never gonna say goodbye

Never gonna give you up

Never gonna let you down

Never gonna make you cry

Never gonna say goodbye

between the F4i and the 600rr (in 03, they were pretty similar anyway) it is the quintessential "do it all while still being a supersport" bike.

I agree with your sentiment, but I'd say the '02 and earlier F4i was actually more similar to the 600RR than the '03+ F4i's.

The introduction of the 600RR made the F4i a better street bike. Because it didn't have to be Honda's 600 supersport anymore, the seat got more comfortable, the bars got a little higher; it was basically a lot more livable than the '02 models.

Yamaha did basically the same thing with the R6 and R6S.

you could have tried a subtle roll into a Fresh Prince, I haven't seen a good one of those in a while.

i'm thinking of doing an avatar one next time.

I agree with your sentiment, but I'd say the '02 and earlier F4i was actually more similar to the 600RR than the '03+ F4i's.

The introduction of the 600RR made the F4i a better street bike. Because it didn't have to be Honda's 600 supersport anymore, the seat got more comfortable, the bars got a little higher; it was basically a lot more livable than the '02 models.

Yamaha did basically the same thing with the R6 and R6S.

i thought 2003 was the last year of the "sporty-ier" f4i, and then starting in 2004, it had the banananana seat with the more touring-like ergos. i could be wrong. i had an 01, which i loved, and i thought I remembered searching for an 03 before i bought the 01. too lazy to check lol

Thanks for the input on the bike guys. I do like how I can just roll the throttle and she takes off and the modern upgrades that come with newer bikes. I will have this bike for sometime now. Hope to see plenty of you out on rides that I can actually go on now.

Thanks for the input on the bike guys. I do like how I can just roll the throttle and she takes off and the modern upgrades that come with newer bikes. I will have this bike for sometime now. Hope to see plenty of you out on rides that I can actually go on now.

may i also suggest a seat upgrade, go corbin or send it to greatdaytoride.com. The seat was the only thing I hated about my 05. I got a corbin and it was soooo worth the money