ive become addicted...my next gun..thoughts?

Steve Butters

after seeing vances was sold out of the 17 and its backordered online almost everywhere, i went ahead and went to gander and picked up their last one

buckeye had one in stock also, so they price matched me at gander :D

didnt have a cheap scope there though, so that will be my next purchase

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

didnt realize how expensive decent scopes are lol

im going to just get the cheapest one i can find and mount it so i have some kind of sights on it - and then ill start saving up to get something nicer later on in the year after i recoop some of the money i spent on the rifle

didnt realize how expensive decent scopes are lol

im going to just get the cheapest one i can find and mount it so i have some kind of sights on it - and then ill start saving up to get something nicer later on in the year after i recoop some of the money i spent on the rifle

You have no idea.

Decent LR scopes are about a grand. I have a low end one on my 308. My precision AR will have decent. Good gets in the 2k range. There are scopes out there in the 3k+ range.

Also, I have in my possession, a 30mm vortex crossfire that I'll let go to the highest bidder. A certain mod may or may not try to hunt you down to get it back though.
I already warned him that it would be painted pink when he got it.

I don't trust either of you to even pick out the right color pink to match my hello kitty theme. Ill paint it myself. And its not for sale!!

ive decided on this one....thoughts?

http://www.vanceoutdoors.com/products2.cfm/ID/88262/name/vortex-3-9x40-crossfire-riflescope-crf01p

would i just need to buy 1" rings to go with it and then be good to go?

are these the right rings? i dont know anything about optics lol

http://www.vanceoutdoors.com/products2.cfm/ID/11274/name/burris-1-medium-black-zee-rings-420081

heres a pic of the gun to see what kind of mounting it uses

http://www.savagearms.com/images/firearms/finder/big/93r17bsev.png

Edited by Steve Butters

the .17 are good guns. .22 is better imo cheaper to shoot and cheaper to buy

The next guns i want to buy in no particular order:

10mm 1911

.357 snubby

.338 bolt gun

ak

fn 9mm sub com.

over under 28ga.

went ahead and added the ak to my collection today :D

If it didn't cost a $1000 then it is a shit scope an not worth mention around these parts.

Hardly. Heaven forbid we mention a decent, affordable scope that costs more than $100. Sorry, but your tasco's, and lower cost bushnells, simmons and the like are shit scopes.

yeah cause a $300 17hmr that shoots to 200 yrds needs top end glass? get a nice nikon or the like for 150 or so

FYI the "nice" nikon's are over a grand. The usable ones are still in the $400 territory.

Does it need top end glass, certainly not. I'm using a budget scope and shooting out to 1200 yards with ease on my 308. I've outshot guys with more money in their scope than I had in my rifle, scope, rings, bipod, and suppressor. That said, why buy an accurate rifle and then handicap yourself with shit glass. Buying a slightly more expensive scope and you are getting better quality glass, better reticles, adjustments that actually track properly, better eye relief, and will hold zero better.