Femmoto is now Sportbike Track Girl!

BamBamGixxer

redkow;

ST Girl is anything but sexist. As a matter of fact the organization exists to help women overcome sexism in a male-dominated sport. I have met hundreds of men that are fully supportive of our goal, but unfortunately, there are still those that don't care to share the track with women.

Because that was your knee-jerk reaction, my assumption is that I failed to effectively communicate our mission. For that I apologize. Our message should be a very clear, succint one of empowerment and independence building.

Sounds like affirmative action to me :D

But seriously - he put a smiley - go check out "Poe's law"

I was curious - what's your take on transgendered transexuals? Can they ride whichever org they choose? I was just wondering as I already have some white leathers - I figure a couple pieces of pink tape and perhaps I could get my track days at around a 3rd off right? This plans got win all over it (pending wife approval of course - but I'm sure she is down with anything I can do to save a few bucks)

Again.. that's Poe's law http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poe's_law check it out on the wikipedia's

:)

Is there a Transgendered track day discount? That segment of the population is highly underrepresented too. I'd wear a dress if I'd get discounted track time...:ilikebikes:

I didn't make it past the first page. I can't believe somebody else asked this! haha :bow:

Is there a Transgendered track day discount? That segment of the population is highly underrepresented too. I'd wear a dress if I'd get discounted track time...:ilikebikes:

Chicks riding bikes at a track day is a form of transgenderism. (is that a word?) They're just doing it to get the feeling of all that power between their legs as a substitute for a penis.

Edited by beezer
  • Upvote 1

Chicks riding bikes at a track day is a form of transgenderism. (is that a word?) Their just doing it to get the feeling of all that power between their legs as a substitute for a penis.

all joking aside, the implication that women inherently crave the "power" associated with being male or having a penis is laughable.

I am completely willing to admit that American culture carries a subconscious paternalistic bias in virtually all facets of life, but I reject the notion that the functional result is women wanting to be more like men; they merely want to be regarded as having the same rights and abilities as men, as they should.

...but I still don't think discount trackdays is "equality.";)

all joking aside, the implication that women inherently crave the "power" associated with being male or having a penis is laughable.

I am completely willing to admit that American culture carries a subconscious paternalistic bias in virtually all facets of life, but I reject the notion that the functional result is women wanting to be more like men; they merely want to be regarded as having the same rights and abilities as men, as they should.

...but I still don't think discount trackdays is "equality.";)

LOVE this, RedKow. Here's why:

1) You began with honest, good-spirited convo, to which you will find no better sparring partner...

2) You state your opinion as articulately as I would expect from an adequate sparring partner (hence the return spar), otherwise, not worthy of a reply ;)

3) You bring excellent points to the table; ones that I wish I could drag from a million other people! I can't overcome objections unless I know what they are.

In response...

The name "Sportbike Track GIRL" is probably misleading.We are actually an organization that exists to make YOUR LIFE EASIER. We're here for the guys. Think about it. My goal is to get your wife/girlfriend to the track....SO YOU DON'T HAVE TO BEG PERMISSION TO RIDE ANYMORE! :):bow:

The discounts offered to women are nothing more than a small token, if you will, to get women to "make the leap." There is a much bigger courage leap for women to even get their endorsement, much less join a track day. Finances are a part of that leap, however the majority of men are willing to "cough up" the track day cost for something they know they will love. Women on the other hand, are truly afraid of "holding up the guys" and all of the ambiguity of going to the track. As a man, the first time you did a track day, I'm sure you were very nervous. But you were SURROUNDED by a hundred other guys, so chances were very good that you would find the support you needed.

It's way different for us chicks, I promise. The first FIVE track days I did...NOT ONE other chick. NOT ONE. I was terrified of dropping my bike and being laughed at.

Sportbike Track Girl exists to eliminate as much of that fear as possible. Women are goooooood paying customers (research shows even better than men) so we would be remiss to ignore the fastest growing segment of the motorcycling community.

....And if a $15 discount is the final encouragement they need to get out there, awesome. I'm happy to offer it. I consider that "counter-sexism."

My goal is to get your wife/girlfriend to the track....SO YOU DON'T HAVE TO BEG PERMISSION TO RIDE ANYMORE! :):bow:

I'm torn on this - My wife got her M endorsement as a wedding present to me, and I am supremely confident in her ability to ride a motorcycle. On one hand, I would give anything to have her share my interest in the track. On the other, there's no way in hell we can afford two track addicts in the same house, and still afford a house :D

More women-folk at the track is a good thing; especially if they look anything like Melissa Paris. Actually one of my STT coaches wasn't so bad looking when I was in novice; and I don't mean that McVay guy... I don't think Katie owns a bike anymore (didn't I say 2 track addicts in the same house was expensive?), but she's still a lot faster than me. I really only talk to her on facebook anymore though.

trust me I know all to well about 2 track addicts in the same house... 2 track days each time double tires oil changes so on and whatnot but I wouldn't trade it for anything yea we might struggle sometimes but we do it to ourselves not willing to give up what we love... so we take any discounts available to fuel the addiction

LOVE this, RedKow. Here's why:

....And if a $15 discount is the final encouragement they need to get out there, awesome. I'm happy to offer it. I consider that "counter-sexism."

If you can't beat them...join them!

I think I'll be changing my name to Martha and collecting a $15 discount.:D

Your lucky Chris, you've got a transgender name already. (What track are we meeting at?)

hahaha, I'm not sure I like admitting that I have a "transgender name;" let's stick with "unisex." (p.s., I will never do that to my children... I should start going by "Christopher" instead, but I'd feel like I was 8, and my mom was yelling at me.)

I should apologize to the forum at-large for my argumentative nature. If I was an a-hole before starting law school, I'm a super-a-hole now that I'm trained to be analytical on a daily basis...