Riding has no rational explanation

Disclaimer

Riding has no rational explanation

Via: http://hellforleathermagazine.com/2011/03/riding-has-no-rational-explanation/

Deus-tracker-599x402.jpg

Exploring the rides and reasoning of a group of motorcyclists in the Mid West, this documentary is sort of a personal look into motorcycling as passion. Riding a motorcycle may not have any rational explanation, but this is one man’s attempt to answer the question, “why ride?”

All this was created by one guy, Tommy. He even wrote the music, which his wife performed.

Video here since embed won't work

http://blip.tv/play/AYHR_Q8C

Personal commentary:

This.

F*(king this.

This video is the closest embodiment of what ORDN and motorcycling means to me and the people I've had the opportunity to ride with - the scenery, the rides, the bikes, the people, the goofiness, the tickets, the karaoke, the stops, and even the occasional accident. Yes, I watched all 52 minutes of it. The only real change for me is that the soundtrack inside my head is a harder... but this compilation called "The Habitat" from Wisconsin Sportbike Riders (WISpR - out of Madison I think) captures it all.

I can't wait to get out this summer with all you knuckleheads.

• Upvote 2

Riding a motorcycle may not have any rational explanation, but this is one man’s attempt to answer the question, “why ride?”

Who said people are rational?

We do like to have fun though and we know what we like.

No time to watch 52 min if vid right now but I'll come back to it later.

I can't wait to get out this summer with all you knuckleheads.

this implies you might actually make it out of Elyria, I don't believe you :p

I'll probably watch that video on my lunch break but maybe I'm just not interpreting their meaning of rational. I have about 30 reasons to rationalize the reasons I ride, most you already stated

I just watched it and they mean no rational as in, it's not safe so why would people do it? It was a pretty good video.

:lol: people like that boggle my mind. NOTHING is "safe", sure some things pose less risk than others but living life in fear isn't living at all in my opinion

:lol: people like that boggle my mind. NOTHING is "safe", sure some things pose less risk than others but living life in fear isn't living at all in my opinion

haha watch the video, thats almost exactly what they say lol

Exactly you only live life once... So why not have fun in the mean time. I'm glad I started riding motorcycles my buddy got me interested in them and I've never had second thoughts about the decision. How many accidents are there each year not related to motorcycles? They every think of that or just why ride on two wheels. Some people will never understand how it feels to be free from the confines of a car and actually feel the road instead of just driving over it.

Just sayin.

Edited by Jst2fst

Exactly you only live life once... So why not have fun in the mean time. I'm glad I started riding motorcycles my buddy got me interested in them and I've never had second thoughts about the decision. How many accidents are there each not related to motorcycles? They every think of that or just why ride on two wheels. Some people will never understand how it feels to be freefrom the confinds of a car and actually feel the road instead of just driving over it.

Just sayin.

true, but most car accidents people walk away from

true, but most car accidents people walk away from

Yes that's true but its a risk we all take when we ride. Its unfortunate that it happens even to the best riders but they did what they loved to do which is the point I'm trying to get at.

Exactly you only live life once... So why not have fun in the mean time. I'm glad I started riding motorcycles my buddy got me interested in them and I've never had second thoughts about the decision. How many accidents are there each year not related to motorcycles? They every think of that or just why ride on two wheels. Some people will never understand how it feels to be free from the confines of a car and actually feel the road instead of just driving over it.

Just sayin.

agreed. My mom always wonders how I can do my 90mile commute to and from work then go home and hop on the bike for another 100miles or so. She always asks me "aren't you sick of being on the road" and everytime i tell her that being on the bike isn't anything like driving and its a totally different experience

agreed. My mom always wonders how I can do my 90mile commute to and from work then go home and hop on the bike for another 100miles or so. She always asks me "aren't you sick of being on the road" and everytime i tell her that being on the bike isn't anything like driving and its a totally different experience

Same here I've done thirteen hours days at work and then gone home and rode for two hours its relaxing.

Yes that's true but its a risk we all take when we ride. Its unfortunate that it happens even to the best riders but they did what they loved to do which is the point I'm trying to get at.

im with ya on that, i dont know how people can live life without taking risks, ITS BORING! just because something is dangerous doesnt mean dont do it, it just means be careful.

im with ya on that, i dont know how people can live life without taking risks, ITS BORING! just because something is dangerous doesnt mean dont do it, it just means be careful.

I hate not having fun and sitting at home bored well sucks. Have some fun every once in a while screw what everyone else says about hey that is dangerous you shouldn't do that. Do what you wanna do and enjoy doing it till you can no longer do it anymore.

We should make a video. :D

thats actually a really good idea for a project over the course of this season. Compile everyones videos from rides and such and at the end of the year have someone edit the good stuff together

im thinking about buying a GoPro camera cuz i can get the $300 motorsports pack for like $150 at best buy lol

holy crap how many of those can you get? :D

thats actually a really good idea for a project over the course of this season. Compile everyones videos from rides and such and at the end of the year have someone edit the good stuff together

I'm definitely game for this. I'll put a little something together to submit the videos.

I'm definitely game for this. I'll put a little something together to submit the videos.

sweeet! I can just imagine the sweet footage from rides and events that could possibly come of this. shit, now I need to add a gopro to my wishlist so I can help contribute

sweeet! I can just imagine the sweet footage from rides and events that could possibly come of this. shit, now I need to add a gopro to my wishlist so I can help contribute

I actually used to do video editing and enjoyed it. This could be a lot of fun.