new plinker/small game gun.

speedytriple

Just picked up a savage model 93r17 fvxp with scope combo from dicks. Came with a bushnell 3x9x40 scope. Not flat fish or walther fancy but a good base with a bull barrel and accu trigger. Cheap plastic stock will have to do till a better stock is found. Pics later when I get back home. Got a great price on it also with my score card coupon.

Sounds like a fun plinker.. I have a 3-9 bushnell on one of my .22's.. Nothing wrong with bushnell at all. They make a good scope at a good price point and have very very good glass for the money. Especially once you move to the new elite series.

Posted them from my phone not to sure on how to make them bigger using it. Have to use the house puter for that. made a little bigger and more fuzzy(cell phone pics)

Green yeah it was on sale for $40 off then they knocked off 9 bucks for score card points then I had a $10 off coupon for it. With all that I got it for $219.

Edited by speedytriple

I wont even buy ammo from gander. They are the worst price around up here. They were 120 higher then dicks on this gun and theirs had only a 4x32 scope on it.

i just take my cell phone and pull up vances.com and they price match everything for me right off my phone lol

So I made it to the indoor range this afternoon with the new 17. Took a few shots to get the sight zeroed. Once I got it almost zeroed(was using my bipod) I started getting nice groups of three. Very easy to shoot three shot cloverleaf groups. Action seems nice and smooth as does the accu trigger. Only gripe was the mag is a little tricky to put into the gun there is a metal tab that it slides on that took some getting use to. Over all real happy with the rifle. Was shooting cci gamepoints.