Honda East in Maumee?

Scruit

Honda East are advertising new DL650 ABS V-Stroms fro 7299. Ohio Motorcycle in Hilliard are advertising the same bike at 8099. Trying to figure out if it is worth the 100 mile trip to Maumee to save $800.

Anyone have experiences with the sales dept at either location?

I drove from Philly, Pa to pick up a Superhawk back in 1997 . Everything the salesman quoted on the phone was exactly what he said it was when I got there. I saved alot of under retail price money on the bike even after the drive. If I was buying a new bike I would consider them again.

Dont know... Is the Ohio Motorcycle dealership in hillard the Honda shop over there? If so Yeah the place is great. All of my dads bikes come from there, he loves the place.

Yup, that's the dealership. Used to be called Honda Northwest, but they carry so much more than Honda. They have a dealership in Cleveland also. Great people. We've bought three or four bikes from them.

If Ohio Motorcycle would match the 7299 price then I wouldn't think twice. heck, they'd just have to get close enough to make it not worth my trip.

It's $27 in gas for the round-trip in my wife's car and it would be $5 in gas on the return trip me on the bike. It would be 4 hours driving. If that $800 price difference held up then it would be like my wife and I *both* getting paid $96/hr to drive for those 4 hours. That's more than I get paid at work. ;-)

OM would have to come down to $7500 at most to make it not worth the trip.

I'll discuss with them. I used their parts and service department before and I have nothing but excellent things to say. But 10% discount on an $8k bike is tough to pass up for 4 hours of driving.

Honda East is a great dealership. No hidden fees, the price they list is the price you pay (plus tax of course). I've bought 2 bikes and a four-wheeler from them and it was about a 2.5 hr drive for me to get to them.

+1

Bought my quad from them