What protective gear do you wear?  

788 members have voted

1. 1. What protective gear do you wear?

• Helmet
    • Gloves
    • Jacket
    • Pants
    • Boots

I haven't bought any "motorcycle" boots yet because I am afraid to buy something that I need to check the fitment of first. I don't have any place close to me that carries them, so I just wear my leather Doc Marten's for now. I plan to get a pair this year at some point.

ridemerchant.com and searching on google with the setting for in the "past month" and "discussions" with keywords for boots size 10, sidi size 44, etc etc. or, do a search for "site:craigslist.org insertkeywordhere" with setting for search in the past month. or ebay, of course.

The more I ride the more I prefer my perforated one piece suit with a 1 piece undersuit and various layers of under armor which are dependent on temperature. I complete the ensemble with a full-face helmet, gloves, back protector, and boots.

For casual rides that involve cruisers, I switch the one piece with textile jacket, reinforced jeans or overpants. The full- face helmet, gloves, back protector, and boots are the same as with the one piece.

With both options I wear ear plugs or in ear headphones. By the way, I've tried a lot of ear plugs, and some are too stuffy while others just aren't comfortable. I found these ear plugs that let the engine sound come through, yet block out the wind noise, and aren't stuffy. Also, they don't hurt my ears or make weird sounds when putting them in or taking them out. They are Flent's Quiet Please ear plugs, they are white cylinders. http://earplugstore.stores.yahoo.net/flenquietple3.html

I just refuse to wear pants in all things I do.

this is true, i couldn't tell you how many times he's shown up for browns game sans pants...its amazing the girls haven't been scared off by this yet

Only those that have bikes to ride count in this. ;)

thanks, this almost assuredly pulls me into helping him expedite the bike search :nono:

:D i'm feeling extra snarky today for some reason

ATGATT baby!

AGV Flyer FF helmet, looking at modulars as a replacement.

Tour Master Transition II jacket for cool/wet riding, FirstGear Mesh Tech II for warm weather.

FirstGear HT II overpants for cool/wet and RTW; FirstGear Mesh pants for warmer.

Warm-n-Safe liner and gloves for the chilly times (socks on order!)

TCX X5 boots

Various leather, mesh and rain gloves; depending on conditions.