Working on the bike....

|SnOmAn|

So, I did some wrenching on the bike yesterday. It felt so good to get out in the garage and just do some stuff on it. Changed the oil and cleaned it up a bit.

While I was doing this I obviously needed to take the fairing off, so I decided to take the rashed fairing off as well (why not?) As I was looking as it further, I noticed that the fairing is not in bad shape at all. The grooves that are highly noticable are the decals and not the fairing. I am thinking of taking the decals off, repainting fairing, and put new decals on.

Questions: What is the best way to remove decals? Where could I find original decals to replace them with? Possible cost for repainting?

Below is the bike with the color scheme.

picture.php?albumid=618&pictureid=6425

The auto parts stores sells a spray can of bumper sticker and label remover, ive use that and the point of a knife to peel the sticker off then the spray to get everything else off. As far as replacing, a honda dealership can get them but they will be expensive. look around on the net too

I will have to look that up, Thanks...

Yeah, I've looked at around the net for a while last night but I could not find my scheme. I wouldn't mind just taking all the decals off to have a clean bike but if I am trying to to sell it I'm not sure if people would freak with them not being on there. I would just leave the side decals off. I have seen something along the lines of a heat gun to remove decals but not sure if the same thing could be done on plastic but I highly doubt it.

heat gun or blowdrier. I can get you the stickers from honda. I need to know rt or left

Sweet! It would be the left.... Let me know what kind of price we are talking and I'll let you know. I appreciate that man!

I did read about using a blowdryer after I posted this thread. I still need the fairing painted though before I put the new decals on.