Gander Mountain

Steve Butters

• 1 month later...

BUMP

just updating this

i got the gun back and it is junk...they actually made it worse

i called them and they were very easy to deal with....i gotta give them props for helping me out...they took my old 870 back at full price, and let me upgrade to a benelli (i paid the difference obviously)

other than the part about them not knowing where my gun went, they have all been super easy to work with and have never given me a problem....seems like "the customer is always right" actually does apply at this place.

as long as they continue to price match, i think i will continue to shop there...i was heated when i made this thread, but im a little more mellowed out now that the remington is gone

• 10 months later...

Didn't want to start a new thread just to bitch about Gander Mountain, but..... when they eventually fold and cry about the economy, here's the advice I'd give....

Don't sell Gen 4 Glocks for $699 or XDs for $649.

Was burning some time at gander in Huber Heights and was floored by their prices. Mini 14s for $999 and ammo prices through the roof! The old guy behind the counter just had that "wunder wha nobodies buyin nuthen" look.

Wayy wayy back before the internet when all we had were catalogs to order from, from places like Eddie Bauer, Gander Mt or Cabela's, Gander Mt was great, low priced and had the stuff.

Now they build these brick and mortar stores and !hoila! it all goes to crap.

Wayy wayy back before the internet when all we had were catalogs to order from, from places like Eddie Bauer, Gander Mt or Cabela's, Gander Mt was great, low priced and had the stuff.

Now they build these brick and mortar stores and !hoila! it all goes to crap.

Very true.

Edited by C-bus

Didn't want to start a new thread just to bitch about Gander Mountain, but..... when they eventually fold and cry about the economy, here's the advice I'd give....

Don't sell Gen 4 Glocks for $699 or XDs for $649.

Was burning some time at gander in Huber Heights and was floored by their prices. Mini 14s for $999 and ammo prices through the roof! The old guy behind the counter just had that "wunder wha nobodies buyin nuthen" look.

Old English outfitters FTW

/THREAD

Gander price matches on firearms. But everything else is crazy high. Guess everyone has there local cheap shop. But just for reference when I drove from cleveland to dales shop my buddy bought a sig from him and had it shipped. Still saved money and helped a small shop out.

• Upvote 1

Your right If he was close to Dayton. But the cost of fuel alone would eat up any savings at all

Ok. Well I am coming to the meet and greet tomorrow. If you want some of the ammo or magpul ect call and tell him what all you want and pay over the phone and ill bring it with me.

• Upvote 2