Close to Columbus twisties?

buckeye614

When I lived in Bexley and wanted to get to some curves as quickly as possible, without lots of stop lights or suburban traffic in the way, I'd take 33 East past Canal Winchester and turn left onto Pleasantville Road, going east. Pleasantville Road only has a few curves, but it's nice and rural. Then turn right (south) on 664 and then you start having fun, all less than an hour from Columbus city limits. And if your sumo-battered butt isn't screaming, 664 takes you right into the heart of Hocking Hills riding for more, as previously mentioned.

Where and what are you finding fun about downtown Columbus? Must be dodging the distracted drivers or waiting for police to figure out that "dirt bike" is street legal.:rolleyes:

Meh both your examples are wrong.

"Its a sumo thing, you wouldn't understand"

Hocking Hills, depending on what part of columbus you live in. The outskirts of plain city, marysville, urbana, mechanicsburgh, and north lewisburgh have some fun roads. 296 was my fav. Thats really the only down fall to living in columbus is the drive you have to make to get to the fun, but once you do its worth it.

Meh both your examples are wrong.

"Its a sumo thing, you wouldn't understand"

Tell that to the Columbus cop who pulled me over on 270 and 33 on the NW side while I was heading home on my KTM 950 SE. 20 Min later he released me and appologized for the delay.

I've ridden Columbus with the KLR which with the right tire behaves enough like a sumo to know there are much better areas to ride.:rolleyes:

Thanks for the info guys. Will def check out some of those roads the next nice day. And yeah not trying to get crazy within the city. Already had cops eyeballing me hard. Plus I drive for a living so need to keep the points to a minimum.

If you weren't sumo I'd introduce you to the 10 miles of abandoned rail road bed out here. But I doubt your tires would like the gravel bed. :-)

What side of Columbus are you on? If your a West sider I can introduce you to some nice routs between Plain City and Springfield.

Edited by buildit

Thinking of getting dual sport tires for it after I wear through the pilot powers.

What size front rim are you using? A smaller front tire will decrease stability offroad. I think stock a DRZ is a 21 inch tire? You may also have trouble finding a good DS front tire under 19 inches. I assume the rear is still a 17 or 18 inch tire?