My love, my must have, my future! (bike)

NinjaNick

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/motorbikes/sportmotorbikes/2749981/BMW-HP2-Sport-Question-of-sport.html

I'm not knocking it, and the review I had read was out of date so don't beat me up too bad, I really love this bike as well.

But the article states that it is lacking in super sport standards. Top speed shows at 140, my 750 GSX-r was clocked at Pensacola speedway at 187. Wouldn't you expect a 1000 to push above that being of the BMW bloodline?

I love the bike, I just think they need to put the horsepower on steroids for a couple months!

what the hell are you talking about?

its still more than 140 like you said originally. and gps > speedo.

and define putting the hp on steroids? its rated at 193hp...how much is your 98 gsxr 750? stock its rated at 135hp....hard to tell which bike needs the steroids lol

Edited by Steve Butters

I stated the article on that was outdated and listed the hp at 131, yet even this comparison review http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/64/6920/Motorcycle-Article/2010-BMW-S1000RR-Comparison-Street.aspx states the 2010 is lacking in the bottom and mid range.

And gps is not more accurate then speedometer, every gps has deviation error. I doubt BMW is putting speedos on their bikes that are 6mph off.

I'm not knocking the bike, I just said the reviews show it needs a few tweaks before I'm dropping 25k on it. How can my little 750 at 135 hp push 187 while the BMW only pushes 186?

What the hell are you talking about?

nope no top speed limiter...theyre just slow pigs, if only bmw could catch up to suzuki's awesome 1998 technology, then perhaps they could make a worthy sport bike

gixxerforlifeyo

I wish my 2004 or 2006 gsxr would catch up to 1998 gsxr technology