My love, my must have, my future! (bike)

NinjaNick

from that SAME article you just posted

sooo......where does it say the bike lacks in performance?

“It’s kind of lacking off the bottom and the mid-range isn’t that impressive either especially compared to the Honda,” explains Atlas of the BMW’s engine performance

“It’s kind of lacking off the bottom and the mid-range isn’t that impressive either especially compared to the Honda,” explains Atlas of the BMW’s engine performance

i read that - but apparently, its not lacking enough if they sum it up at the bottom by saying

what you have is a bike that no other production motorcycle on earth can compete with in stock form

You guys are so right... I see your point... This is the best bike ever designed and will never ever be improved upon... I shouldn't have ever read professional reviews that pointed out weakness in its power band as im sure they are idiots at reviewing bikes.

Where did you guys get yours from so I can go pick mine up tonight? I'm so trading in my slow pig of a Gixxer in immediately...thanks for the input...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhtSLRVEnwM

yep, definitely slow. 10.01@150 right off the showroom floor - no tires, sprockets, pc, stretch, nothing.

Yeah that may be true...how's it doing compared to the others in actual races?

actual races? its holding its own

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4Jw8osQzqg&feature=related

and for comparison reviews - it appears to be in the lead also, with the cbr right behind it...**edit, appears the cbr got one more pt on their overall scale - but more of the testers picked the bmw, so ide say its right on par with the cbr in that test

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/9/6852/Motorcycle-Article/2010-Superbike-Smackdown-VIII-Track-FMM.aspx

Edited by Steve Butters

My point was not to dis this bike, I love it and it probably be my next bike, just not this year, I prefer a bike that has a balanced power band. That's why I have a 750 instead of a 1000 as its performance is balanced in twists as well as straights... my Gix isn't perfect either, I know its weak points and knowing them allows to adjust my riding to counter. You can't just hop on and say this is the baddest bike ever.

thats cool - everybody has a riding preference, i know people who prefer 600s to 1ks because thats what they enjoy riding....nothing wrong with that

but to say the bmw is lacking in performance when everything else says its #1 is inaccurate

Yeah that may be true...how's it doing compared to the others in actual races?

Oh look a CBR fan boy! You know the BMW is superior but keep putting up a good fight.

This thread is entertaining, there is so much I didn't know before this, I am grateful for all the insight.

• Upvote 1

i already said i read that paragraph - did you not read the summary of the article at the bottom?

apparently its not lacking enough power if they still rate it as the best stock bike in the world, even despite their comments about mid and low range power

you said it lacks in performance - them saying it lacks in mid-low range power compared to a honda does NOT equal the bike lacking in overall performance, or in engine power.

they say its noticeably more powerful than the competitors, and it performs better than the other bikes in other categories as well.

their overall thoughts after going through all aspects of the bike were that no other bike compares to it

how can you possibly say that the one sentence in that article mentioning its powerband compared to a honda means that the bike "lacks performance" when even the authors of the article say at the end that its the top performer? even mentioning the engine in the summary.

you jumped into this thread saying it performs poorly based on an article you accidentally read about the wrong bike - now you realized you were wrong and you cant just admit that you were wrong so youre still trying to argue that the bike lacks in performance, despite everything saying otherwise....its winning in races, its winning at the strip, its receiving top ratings from professionals and comparative studies aswell.... there is not one article or review or anything that points to this bike "lacking in performance"...it handles well, it brakes well, it is faster than the competition....what is "lacking"? mid-low range power? who cares dude - apparently it makes up for it in top end because its still faster and quicker than its competition.

man up and admit you were wrong instead of continuing to down the bike based on an article about a completely different bike.

Edited by Steve Butters
  • Upvote 1

Wow... Lets meet up tonight and you can show me how fast your RR is...

This is what I like to see, a man not afraid to back up his convictions. You all are lacking the balls to show others just how much you know like this guy does. We're not worthy and I expect to hear all about you guys seeing nothing but tail lights after he schools you all.

• Upvote 3

This is what I like to see, a man not afraid to back up his convictions. You all are lacking the balls to show others just how much you know like this guy does. We're not worthy and I expect to hear all about you guys seeing nothing but tail lights after he schools you all.

doesnt take much balls to challenge somebody to something you know is 100% not going to happen....only 1 or 2 people on this board even own s1000rrs, and i am not one of them ....it would however be entertaining for one of them to take him up on his challenge, but since he didnt actually challenge one of them - i dont see it happening

not that anyone with an s1000rr would even waste the gas racing a 98 gsxr 750, not that theyre bad bikes or anything - but performance wise you can't even compare them....the gsxr is smaller displacement, and 12 years behind in technology - let alone more than 60whp less than the bmw

Edited by Steve Butters

doesnt take much balls to challenge somebody to something you know is 100% not going to happen....only 1 or 2 people on this board even own s1000rrs, and i am not one of them ....it would however be entertaining for one of them to take him up on his challenge, but since he didnt actually challenge one of them - i dont see it happening

not that anyone with an s1000rr would even waste the gas racing a 98 gsxr 750, not that theyre bad bikes or anything - but performance wise you can't even compare them....the gsxr is smaller displacement, and 12 years behind in technology - let alone more than 60whp less than the bmw

Don't bring your logic and reason here, boy.

• Upvote 1