My love, my must have, my future! (bike)

NinjaNick

And gps is not more accurate then speedometer, every gps has deviation error. I doubt BMW is putting speedos on their bikes that are 6mph off

um no offense, but I don't know where you get this idea from but its absolutely incorrect. GPS is always going to be more accurate than manufactured speedometers

i dont know why you bother man....i gave up trying to debate with this guy

you wont win with him

dont need to debate or win really, i know what i know and if im wrong so be it. Until I see something convincing I won't say I'm right because I can't find the damn report about speedometers right now and I won't say I'm wrong because I haven't seen anything convincing

IAs for the idea that all speedos are inaccurate, I can't wait to use that theory on my next speeding ticket defense... Im sure the judge will immediately dismiss the case and reverse all previous speeding tickets ever written based on the theory that all mfrs speedos are inaccurate. And speedos help validate the odometer so in theory, we all have no idea on how many miles are on any vehicle out there... I smell a big lawsuit...

class action sounds good to me!

i agree then. all factory speedos are accurate to the t!

i guess police departments waste all that money having the speedos in their cruisers calibrated every year since they were already accurate to begin with

not to mention speeding being a no points violation if its less than a certain amount (5 or 7, i forget) due to civilian cars speedos being unreliable

and lets not forget that tread depth can cause inaccuracies, along with tire air pressure - oh wait, must be another myth

and forget how manufacturers only have to meet a 1-5% accuracy rating, meaning at 100mph, your speedo can say 95-105 and be legit

what about my car that was electronically limited at 146mph but showed 158 on the dash at top speed?

and if GPS are so innacurate - how come i can run 3 different gps devices in a car and all 3 of them are dead on accurate with each other?

Lol, the review stated that the hp was 131 and the top speed was 140... And read my post in full, I did state that I recognized the article was outdated... But you missed that huh?
That review was for a different bike.

agreed.

doesnt matter if it was outdated or not because the s1000rr NEVER had 131hp, in any trim - ever.

just clicked your review

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/motorbikes/sportmotorbikes/2749981/BMW-HP2-Sport-Question-of-sport.html

this one

thats not even the same bike dude....were not talking about a BMW HP2 Sport...we're talking about a BMW S1000RR

that article was written in 07 before the 1000rr was even invented

Yeah, that's what I said... yes I admitted that article was outdated, but the second article was on the 2010 RR where they stated it was lacking in the low and mid ranges...

so you knew the article was outdated and about a completely different model bike - yet you posted it anyways and claimed the s1000rr to have those same performance specs?

60vq9ivrz4.jpg

from that SAME article you just posted

You want the best Superbike of ’10 for the street? Well the BMW S1000RR is it. From the outrageous performance of its engine to the well-balanced chassis and phenomenal braking capabilities, the BMW does everything well. Factor in its superior electronics that not only make the bike safer but also more fun to ride and what you have is a bike that no other production motorcycle on earth can compete with in stock form. And the best part is? It can be yours for $13,800 for the base model or you can fork over some extra dough and go all the way with the $16,480 for our fully loaded version. Thanks BMW for just raising the Superbike-class bar.

sooo......where does it say the bike lacks in performance?

The 1000rr is FAR from lacking any power. It's pulling the quickest stock 1/4 numbers all over the place with guys who utilize all of the powerband. Jeremy Teasly can run in the 8's all day long.

There is no lack of power man. Yeah, you can tune better and add a pipe, but the bike is a pure unadulterated BEAST homey! :devil: