Christian Sport Bike Assoc June 25th Event (knee down clinic)

JCMathis

It is official, we will be hosting a Knee Down Clinic for a maximum of 25 riders. There will be two CCS Racers providing the instruction. We will have a tight course laid out with cones in the parking lot of Xenos Christian Fellowship church at 1340 Community Park Drive, Columbus, OH. The event will begin at 8:00 am and we are hoping to be finished by 6:00 pm. Lunch will be provided as well.

The day at a glance:

There will be a safety briefing, a period of instruction and demonstration and then we will start the riders through the chocked bike for body positioning. After a session on the chocked bike, the riders move to the KTM for on board training. The riders will be filmed, after their session the film is transferred to a laptop and the rider moves to a critique stage with the film as "evidence." Then, he/she gets back in line to ride again. Meanwhile, the same process is going on with the next rider.

This is a great opportunity to learn more on control and body position without the risk of laying your own bike down. The only requirements we have is you must sign a liability waiver and have full safety gear! This means at a minimum: Textile pants, jacket, boots, leather gloves and helmet. Full leathers are always preferred. If you would like to sign up for this event or are interested in helping out please send me an email at jcmathis@insight.rr.com. If you would just like to come and hang out with us you can do that as well.

There is no charge for this event, you do not need to worry about scratching your bike because you will be riding a KTM Motard. Since we can only do this for the first 25 that show up it is important to register with me. If you do not make the initial list I would still suggest you come out for the event because there is a good possibility that someone will not show up.

Here are a few photos from a previous event done in Daytona:

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f364/jcmathis/Motorcycles/kneedragclinicprep002.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f364/jcmathis/Motorcycles/kneedragclinicprep025.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f364/jcmathis/Motorcycles/kneedragclinicprep012.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f364/jcmathis/Motorcycles/kneedragclinicprep006.jpg

For all of you that are questioning if this is something that will help you or not. This is a write up from Trackdaymag.com. There is no cost to you and you will walk away a much better rider.

http://www.trackdaymag.com/Articles/The-Knee-Draggin’-Clinic.aspx

Headcount so far. We can go 25......

JCMathis - 1

PhilS - 2

1000RRRider - 3

Jagr - 4

600ZZ4eb - 5

Looney - 6

AndyJ - 7

Xfz - 8

Bluezx6r - 9

gen3flygirl - 10

That leaves 15 available.

Reminders:

Event cost - FREE

Event lunch - FREE

Event date - June 25 Saturday

Event time - 8AM to 6PM (or so)

Event location - Xenos Christian Fellowship church at 1340 Community Park Drive, Columbus, OH Parking Lot

Equipment to ride - KTM Cycle Provided. You DO NOT need to bring your bike.

Equipment to wear - at a minimum: Textile pants, jacket, boots, leather gloves and helmet. Full leathers are always preferred.

Event registration - jcmathis@insight.rr.com. or we'll keep tracking you on this thread.

JCMathis - 1

PhilS - 2

1000RRRider - 3

Jagr - 4

600ZZ4eb - 5

Looney - 6

AndyJ - 7

Xfz - 8

Bluezx6r - 9

gen3flygirl - 10

Reminders:

Event cost - FREE

Event lunch - FREE

Event location - Xenos Christian Fellowship church at 1340 Community Park Drive, Columbus, OH Parking Lot

Equipment to wear - at a minimum: Textile pants, jacket, boots, leather gloves and helmet. Full leathers are always preferred.

Event registration - jcmathis@insight.rr.com. or we'll keep tracking you on this thread.

Although you do not need your bike for this event it would be good to show up on it. Always helps with the pictures to not have cages in the shot.

JCMathis - 1

PhilS - 2

1000RRRider - 3

Jagr - 4

600ZZ4eb - 5

Looney - 6

AndyJ - 7

Xfz - 8

Bluezx6r - 9

gen3flygirl - 10

Reminders:

Event cost - FREE

Event lunch - FREE

I emailed John right after this was posted, so count me in as well!

Also, you know that 600ZZ4eb will be a no show, right? :lol:

(Just kidding Ebon!)

Please do not count this list as who is registered. I do not know everyones screen names so I am keeping a spreadsheet with names and email addresses. This is why I asked everyone to send me an email. Much easier this way. If you have not sent me an email and you are interested in participating in this event please do so. I have sent a reply to everyone that has emailed me so if you have not received an email from me I do not have you on the list.