New rider near Kings Island!

Jamez

I am glad I joined the forum. You guys are quite encouraging and only seem to want to help. No wonder riders always wave to each other. I feel a comrodery that other people just don't get.

If anyone here wants to ride feel free to shoot me a pm or let me know.

Once you're riding, you have instant comradery via something in common. Its very cool being able to pull into a gas station and talk to another biker you've never met based on that one immediate connection. With a broken down car; you rarely see another car pull over. I bet just about everyone on this forum would pull over if they saw a bike broken down or layed over.

And if it weren't raining all day I'd already have given you a call lol.

Once you're riding, you have instant comradery via something in common. Its very cool being able to pull into a gas station and talk to another biker you've never met based on that one immediate connection. With a broken down car; you rarely see another car pull over. I bet just about everyone on this forum would pull over if they saw a bike broken down or layed over.

And if it weren't raining all day I'd already have given you a call lol.

Funny you should mention that... I was on my way to Springfield on Sunday with the kids in the cage, and saw a guy on the side of 48, smoking and kinda poking around at his bike. I turned around in some dude's driveway and went back to check on him. Turned out he was an older guy rocking an 883 Sportster, and just pulled over to take a break and enjoy the day. Told him I'd rather stop and make sure everything was okay than keep on cruising past and wonder if he needed help.

This board always impresses me with the way the people are willing (and often eager) to help out a fellow rider. I've read several threads in which someone has gone out of their way to go get a truck or trailer to assist with a breakdown, or otherwise downed bike and rider.

Truly one of the greatest places on the 'net!

I've belonged to a car forum in the past but it was totally different. It was more tech talk and general making fun of other people. Aside from that most people on car forums are "internet bodies" and in actuality don't know anything or do what they say.

I was aprehensive about joining this forum. I figured id just read people making fun of other people and talking a lot of garbage and mabe find a good website or two by reading the threads. But ill say it seems everyone here is willing to teach and share and help.

Nice job you guys. Way to make a new rider feel welcome!

Went for a ride yesterday with Jolly and Ziggy, super nice guys and enjoyed the ride very much! Hope I didn't slow you guys down too much :-)

As I said if ANYONE wants to ride shoot me a pm, I'm always down to ride if you don't mind a newb