For those who routinely ride or drive 271

TenTwelve

Here's a heads up...

By the end of this month the troopers will start heavily monitoring 271 between 480 and 90. They will pop you for anything over 67 and they will be hammering this route for 6 months.

That's kinda dickish popping someone going 3mph over. Oh well I am hardly ever up by Cleveland anyway, but thanks for the heads up.

Edited by drew95gt

That's kinda dickish popping someone going 3mph over. Oh well I am hardly ever up by Cleveland anyway, but thanks for the heads up.

Unfortunately most of the freeways surrounding Cleveland are 60mph. It always seemed there was a presence on that stretch of highway to begin with at least by the local coppers.

This is true, I just saw my first cop on 271 in the southbound direction near 480. I was going 70, so maybe there is a little leeway initially but i will certainly be more careful now.

Yeah, even the cops I ride with are going to try to stay off of 271 this summer. Oh, well I'll just have to be more conscious of my speed. I use 271 a lot since I live like a half mile from it.

Just FYI it changes to 60 mph at Route 8 (south of 480). The area TenTwelve is talking about is in between Beachwood and Mayfield areas.

Just FYI it changes to 60 mph at Route 8 (south of 480). The area TenTwelve is talking about is in between Beachwood and Mayfield areas.

i hope they stay out of the area between 77 and route 8, I'm on that every tuesday night usually doing 80 on my way to softball to make it in time from work

Got a ticket for 72 in a 60 right by the 271/90 split last summer, in my car not on the bike, seems like they're always watching 271...

that's probably the willoughby hills cops. that stretch is VERY heavily patrolled.