well being a dumbass caught up with me today.

cOoTeR

Left work got on the gas a little too hard saw the second car traveling towards me was a deputy. Got a ticket for 78 in a 55 :(. I think he thought I was going to run because shortly after pulling me over a second cruiser came flying up.

did you admit to speeding, or doing anything illegal at all?

I'm glad he didn't tag an exhaust and reckless violation to it. The worst part was it happened less than a 1/4 mile from work so a lot of my coworkers passed by and got a good laugh. Assholes. The fine is $169 and due 2 days before my next pay day.

Honestly that's one of the biggest reasons I don't own a streetbike.. I only have a trackbike.. If I do get a streetbike, it's going to be slow like an sv650.. I couldnt have a 1000 on the street without going 100.. Whats the point.

just get a pedal bike and call it a day pansy ass...:D

No,pretty sure I didn't.

Depending on your level of confidence with that statement you can contest it in court. If you admitted guilt to the officer he's got it down in the incident notes he wrote with the ticket (that you don't see) and there goes your case.

As far as the fine is concerned, call the court and ask for a continuance. You'll get it.

Depending on your level of confidence with that statement you can contest it in court. If you admitted guilt to the officer he's got it down in the incident notes he wrote with the ticket (that you don't see) and there goes your case.

so whats preventing him from just writing that down anyway?

I'm glad he didn't tag an exhaust and reckless violation to it. The worst part was it happened less than a 1/4 mile from work so a lot of my coworkers passed by and got a good laugh. Assholes. The fine is $169 and due 2 days before my next pay day.

continuance, continuance, continuance, continuance, and then a continuance after a while they will just lower the citation for a guilty plea

Yea... that only works in some courts.

From my latest experience

The State was granted a continuance, then I was granted my first continuance, then the state asked for two more, and then when I asked for my second, I was denied. So final score - State asked for 3, got 3. Justin asked for 2, got 1.

A Motion for discovery of the dashcam footage and audio recordings of the stop? :dunno:

i heard some cops dont like the dashcam, because then they cant pull people over for DWB

last time I got nailed was 79 in a 60. "is there a reason you're going so fast today?"

"not a good one officer... we're late for a wedding, but I realize that's not an excuse."

I figured between my suit and the wedding present in the back seat, he had to believe me, and might actually cut me some slack because I was apologetic and didn't try to bullshit him.

I figured the same thing. Except he was playing his part quite aggressively, to the point of being pissed at me. "mind telling me what the hurry is?". "honestly officer I don't have an excuse". Thought he'd be happy I was honest w no bs, and that I didnt run:). But I still

Got the ticket, plus one for expired plates, and a stern warning that he "could have" towed the bike and given me a reckless op.

$300 attorney

$200 plus in fines and costs

2 point violation w no suspension

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

well, thats what you get for stopping ;)

I thought about running, but he was on same side of highway facing same direction, so it would have been blatant. Prob good I didnt, as I ended up pulling over Right behind another trooper about 2 miles ahead

Sorry to hear that man. I've been seeing cops having people pulled over everywhere lately. April must be ticket anything that moves month.

just ride in 2nd gear through town :D

2nd gear in town would definitely get me in trouble!

It's that time of year. Nice weather and everyone wants to feel their oats. :lol: 70 West of Columbus was a giant never ending speed trap yesterday with lots of customers. I think the highway patrol writes a lot of tickets just to show they are needed and don't under go further force reductions. After all it was a senior OHP officer who told me they are "nothing more than glorified meter maids". That's a quote!

But I still

Got the ticket, plus one for expired plates, and a stern warning that he "could have" towed the bike and given me a reckless op.

That'd piss me off. You want to see reckless op? The bike is just barely moving at 79. I should've just gone 175mph if I'm going to get a reckless operation I'm going to really deserve it. 79 reckless op...give me a break. Hell Indy interstate is 70mph and Texas just raised theirs to 85mph. That SOB cop was a damn douchebag!

Honestly that's one of the biggest reasons I don't own a streetbike.. I only have a trackbike.. If I do get a streetbike, it's going to be sick fast like an sv650.. I couldnt have a 1000 on the street without going 100.. Whats the point.

hey... :bigfinger:

I fixed it for ya.. :D cough*dick*cough..

That'd piss me off. You want to see reckless op? The bike is just barely moving at 79. I should've just gone 175mph if I'm going to get a reckless operation I'm going to really deserve it. 79 reckless op...give me a break. Hell Indy interstate is 70mph and Texas just raised theirs to 85mph. That SOB cop was a damn douchebag!

Wrong guy. Mine was 97. But I get the point:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My buddy was doing 130mph in his RX8 and passed three state troopers. The first two didn't even bother pulling out of the median and the third started to creep out and then changed his mind. Sometimes the hunters want easy prey so they would rather pull over a minivan doing 15 over the limit rather than a vehicle that might give them some trouble. I have gotten two tickets and both times I could have dipped and that would have been that. There was no traffic and I was busted for going no more than 17 over the limit. It's a pain in the ass any way you look at it and BS when you're not really doing anything to hurt anyone else.

I would like to see how far a cop is willing to go to catch up to a 155hp motorcycle just because they were speeding. Two cruisers would not make any difference if you would have ran and would have made it even more dangerous since now there would be three vehicles on the road hitting triple digits instead of just one motorcycle. All just because of speed. If you own a supersport and spend more time on the streets than on a track, you will end up speeding unless you like taking corners like a Harley. It's just the nature of riding sportbikes. What you do when you encounter an enforcer of our ridiculous speeding laws is your own business but know the risks and act accordingly. Everyone says to just pull over and take it but when you own a liter-bike, that's almost an unnatural reaction. Yes, I sometimes wish I would have just cracked open the throttle when I got those tickets. Was pulling over safer? Of course. Will I continue to speed? Yes indeed but more cautiously...

• Upvote 1

My buddy was doing 130mph in his RX8 and passed three state troopers. The first two didn't even bother pulling out of the median and the third started to creep out and then changed his mind. Sometimes the hunters want easy prey so they would rather pull over a minivan doing 15 over the limit rather than a vehicle that might give them some trouble. .

I've witnessed that before with about 9 bikers around the 150mph range in the middle of nowhere once on US42 between South Charleston and Cedarville. A cop was sitting on side of road and didn't do anything. You can see the road fade into the blue sky it's soo long, flat, and straight. MILES of straight.

So, I heard this happened. ;)