New AMERICAN Sport-Tourer Coming

drc32-0

Have to give it a couple of years to get all the bugs and glitches worked out. Then if the company is still in business. If the price is right. If wife will let me add to stable. It could, maybe, possibly be the the next ride. Or I could go Likwid,s route and pick up V Rod.

being American made I'd buy one if:

test ride

fix that hideous faring

price came in under $14-16K <--- Doubtful

bonus points for replacing the swing arm with a SSSA

I could live with the dated fairing,but the other two would be considerations.The other big Sport-Tourers are pushing that $16k price point,so personally I would pay a little premium to ride American,say $18k.I really think it's up to us to get the country out of this economic funk by buying American if possible.One other consideration for me would be a good warrenty,since it's a new design.

VFR: 6th gen 782cc

107HP@ 10500 RPM

80 ftlbs@ 8750 RPM

dry weight 470 Lbs

SSSA :)

MST: 1645cc

161hp @ 7800 RPM

122 ftlbs@4500RPM

8000RPM REDLINE

dry weight 515?

twice the power? not really

kind of like comparing a small block chevy in a chevelle to a big block chevy in a camaro

OK so half again the power, almost double the torque...:D

I couldn't remember the VFR torque off the top of my head.

I agree, we need to see how this pans out. It could wind up looking completely different by the time it gets to production. I'm hoping they succeed.

I dig the whole American ST concept but Buell's been there done that leaving little trend to set there, so this may not be the best opening investment on their part, but I'm assuming they've based this approach on the market explosion for ST's, FJR's, Connie's, etc.

Hope productions not taking so long due to outsourcing parts or powerplant from Mexico......we've had TONS of warranty work come through our shop due to poor work on their part......detrimental failures warranting engine swaps at less than 8k miles? Piss poor assembly work......Oh well, Walmart wages = Walmart quality......so, I'm hoping they'll make the "smarter" decision......afterall, we're Americans......we're used to overpaying :D

The issue with the Motus is support. Sport touring bike are made to be ridden. The lack of a large dealer network negates the bike as a candidate for LD riding. I hope Motus can overcome this issue, as it appears the bike could be a contender in its class.

I like the combination of new tech (GDI) and old tech (push rod 2 valve).

But as said its impressive that they get 160bhp out of a bike with no valve checks.

Not sure how this one will perform but GDI in autos usually results in improved fuel economy for the performance. So I would guess it will perform well there also. Ofcourse I think all of the autos use a 4 valve OHC design instead.

It will be interesting to see how this company comes along.

Craig