S&P gave the US a negative outlook today

Casper

You know nothing about the military if you think that Obama could have pulled out of Iraq and Afghanistan or even shut down Guantanamo already. Going in is easy pulling out is hard...just ask your Dad. :D
His promise, not mine.
I never said you're a Bush supporter, but you compared two unalike numbers claiming Obama is causing even larger debt growth already in his term compared to Bush without taking into account the increased accountability of spending in some big areas.
I'm comparing Apples to Apples. 8 years of Bush, including Iraq and Afghanistan. I'm not omitting anything. Obama is worse than Bush.

I can't tell you because it wouldn't be "thinking for myself" -- I post links to validate my opinions and I'm part of the sheeple, only repeating what "they" want me to learn, whoever THEY is :dunno: like my contrasting ideas are part of some big conspiracy theory that I haven't been clued in on.

Must be that liberal education I got. I know how engineering, business, and information system degrees are known as 'liberal arts' -- and I'm none too pleased about it.

His promise, not mine.

I'm comparing Apples to Apples. 8 years of Bush, including Iraq and Afghanistan. I'm not omitting anything. Obama is worse than Bush.

The debt figures didn't include the things I mentioned like Iraq and Afghanistan prior to Obama, it's one of the changes they made.

I can't tell you because it wouldn't be "thinking for myself" -- I post links to validate my opinions and I'm part of the sheeple, only repeating what "they" want me to learn, whoever THEY is :dunno: like my contrasting ideas are part of some big conspiracy theory that I haven't been clued in on.

Must be that liberal education I got.

Posting links to blogs about the rich running the government isn't throwing out ideas. :nono:

Instead, you pull the typical Democrat/Republican move, just attack your opposition instead of actually offering anything worth wild.

The debt figures didn't include the things I mentioned like Iraq and Afghanistan prior to Obama, it's one of the changes they made.

I remember reading that too. Can you cite the source? :)

I thought they weren't included in the military budget numbers, but were included in the overall debt calculations. If I'm wrong, then I definitely apologize.

Posting links to blogs about the rich running the government isn't throwing out ideas. :nono:

Instead, you pull the typical Democrat/Republican move, just attack your opposition instead of actually offering anything worth wild.

Well, you apparently missed my link on why you shouldn't even give a sh*t because you're NOT rich and statistically change happens when the RICH want it to happen.

Government of the rich, by the rich, for the rich

http://www.economist.com/blogs/freee...itical_economy

Buried in that link, you'll find this from Princeton:

Inequality and Democratic Responsiveness in the United States

http://www.princeton.edu/~piirs/events/PU%20Comparative%20Conf%20May%202007%20Gilens.pdf

Happy reading, unless you don't think that paper isn't an academic paper since somehow linking it from the economist blog section invalidates the research somehow?

So my solution.... get rich and call the shots. Until then, enjoy your ride.

I thought they weren't included in the military budget numbers, but were included in the overall debt calculations. If I'm wrong, then I definitely apologize.

Iraq/Afghanistan, chunks of Medicare spending, and a couple of other items weren't being included under the overall debt calculations. If I get time later I'll see if I can dig up the info.

Sort of. It was limited to young, single men and the money went to their parents. In it's form, it worked very well. Only reason it doesn't exist still is because the depression was ending, leaving less unemployed, and the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor, sending us into war.

I couldn't remember specifics of it. I do know my mom's dad was in it.

The mess of it is - even with the talk of 4 trillion by BO or 6 trillion cuts by the Republicans over 10 years, that is still an annual trillion dollar deficit spending. So, the 14.2 trillion debt keeps going up.

The current federal revenue is roughly at 2.2 trillion. And the interest on the debt annually at the moment is 413 billion - at about 18 percent of revenue. Money pissed into the wind.

You can figure that revenue will go up at a 2-3% but the debt and interest are going up at a faster rate than that. So there is a convergence of revenue and interest. The interest will creep up as a percentage of revenue. 20%, 25% etc. Now, I'm not smart enough to say, but somewhere in there - (30%? 40%?) the world banks, countrys, i.e. China will decide that the Americans are full of it and can only default and will not buy Treasurys or lend the US any more money. That will very ugly. It will make the last recession look like a party.

That's the current slow train we are on. It may be 12 or 18 years out, but we are moving that way. So, Democrat or Republican, its time you kick your senator or representative in the backside and tell them to get real on spending reductions.

Edited by mello dude
  • Upvote 1