New here, old to riding

mgorman

Been riding since 1979. I like to ride everything but prefer off-road the most. I've competed since '82 in Scrambles, MX, generic SX and occasional Short Track (sucked), enduros and trials.

I pretty much like all styles of motorcycle but choppers & scooters the least. I also enjoy all sizes of bikes & motor types but prefer singles and twins.

My current rides...

98-Aero1a.jpg

250-xcf-w.jpg

IMG_3472.jpg

CC-KTM1.jpg

0501101650.jpg

• Upvote 1

Thanks all

Not sure how many people on here I actually know except Buildit and possibly CBRJess.

For you Transalp admirers, I bought that bike during a knee reconstruction back in 89 when new and for some reason can't seem to part with her. The bike has never left me stranded, even when a CDI went bad. The bike has 1 carb, 2 plugs, 2 coils and 1 CDI for each of the 2 cylinders. I was able to ride home on one cylinder, twice.

Diggin' the white-walls on the cruiser. that's kind of badass in its own way, and I'm really not into cruisers.

welcome.

I'm not into the cruiser scene but I rented on in Maui one year and enjoyed the ride. When I came home I saw that one sitting at the Local Shop and had to have it. The bike is stone stock and will more than likely stay that way unless I find a set of matching hard bags. It's great for taking long back roads rides to dinner or just to enjoy the scenery.

first of all welcome!

Second, holy shite you have a transalp

And you have the bike I want! Well, wanted, until I rode it and realised my knees were in the way. I love the bike but it just felt physically too small, same with the SV650. You never know when one may come up that's too good a deal to pass up.

I also like the RC51 but this little 8 year old girl wants a side car and if she gets her own way, I'd get a Ural or Royal Enfield.

• 1 month later...
Well that's just beautiful, it's 6/22 and I just got an email that this post was made as well as a few others. Almost 2 whole months :wtf:

:lol:

Email has been broke for a bit. FIxed tonight. I didn't figure anyone'd get old ones. That's going to be interesting.