Got my PT140 back

idodishez

621cfd9c-036f-f233.jpgSent it out to Taurus less than 3 weeks ago. Gun shop called today to say it was back. Much quicker than I anticipated. Super cool! Went to pick it up, and they informed me that Taurus replaced the whole gun, as the old one was too damaged to repair. So I'm thinking even MORE cool! Paid $110 for the gun used, with damaged rails. Get a new gun for the cost of shipping. Can't beat that, right?

Get it home. Ok, so maybe it's not new, but exchanged? Came in a new case w manual and warranty, which it didn't go out in. But it just doesnt look new. Shows signs of wear on the grip and trigger. Dirt in small crevices, again indicating probably an exchange and not new. Ok, I'll live w that. Wasnt expecting a new one anyway. But now after about a dozen times of working the slide, it's JAMBED! It would slide occassionally if I really forced it. Now it won't slide at all. Can't even take it apart to see what's up. That excitement lasted all of about 20 minutes. Crap!

try hitting it with some gun scrubber, and working the slide? Looks from the pic like its a first gen millennium. I had a third gen pt145 and loved it never had a fail with it. They may have test fired it before shipping which might explain some powder on the gun but not enough to make it fail? That sucks it was not fixed right for you.

How does that work with the serial numbers on an "exchanged" firearm? Or does that not matter? Maybe just another entry at the gun shop? SO maybe the write down serial number XX12 sent out for repair but received XX13 in its place? Just curious.

I have pics of my firearms and the serial number just in case something happens, (lost or stolen)

How does that work with the serial numbers on an "exchanged" firearm? Or does that not matter? Maybe just another entry at the gun shop? SO maybe the write down serial number XX12 sent out for repair but received XX13 in its place? Just curious.

I have pics of my firearms and the serial number just in case something happens, (lost or stolen)

I wish I had written mine down, just to confirm or deny that they replaced it. But I would imagine it is tracked at the gun shop like you said. though that would seem to cause issues if I had it registered.