Christian Sport Bike Assoc May 21st Ride

JCMathis

Who was the guy on the scooter? He should make it to our scooterific river ride. I love the T-Max and there will be one on the ride for sure possibly two, maybe three if he joins us. I have scooter envy now; my 250 scooter has good brakes but not the power of the big 500.

Who was the guy on the scooter? He should make it to our scooterific river ride. I love the T-Max and there will be one on the ride for sure possibly two, maybe three if he joins us. I have scooter envy now; my 250 scooter has good brakes but not the power of the big 500.

Don't know, but that thing got around pretty good

Those things have killer brakes and handle as well as most sport bikes. I have had one to an indicated 110M.P.H. on a downhill grade. In the right hands they will keep up with most sport bike groups as evidence by the guy riding today.

Maybe I shouldn't speak up about this but....... he did pass me after lunch lol. I was impressed as cbrbrent will speak of my times on a burgman 650 last summer. At 100 it shook pretty bad and couldn't keep up in the straights at all. :bow:

It's a different riding style for me because there is NO engine braking and you can't rely on power to make up for scrubbing off too much speed so you need to be smoother. You have to use the brakes more than I am used to, almost as much as you do on a track. I don't like to use my brakes much on the street but am hoping the scooter will help to make me a better rider.

I have never ridden a Burgman but hear they are no slouches.

It's a different riding style for me because there is NO engine braking and you can't rely on power to make up for scrubbing off too much speed so you need to be smoother. You have to use the brakes more than I am used to, almost as much as you do on a track. I don't like to use my brakes much on the street but am hoping the scooter will help to make me a better rider.

Ahhhh....well you haven't seen me on one then! I am conservative rider though and have a lot to learn and don't mind saying so. I want to do it right and make it home at the end of the day so i take my time and ride at my own pace and don't care. New roads with blind corners always slow me down as I have yet to see the things I want to see, like my little ones graduate!

• Upvote 1

Ahhhh....well you haven't seen me on one then! I am conservative rider though and have a lot to learn and don't mind saying so. I want to do it right and make it home at the end of the day so i take my time and ride at my own pace and don't care. New roads with blind corners always slow me down as I have yet to see the things I want to see, like my little ones graduate!
Sounds like a good policy to me as long as you are having fun. Riding a pace that makes it fun for you is more important than trying to keep up with others who have different priorities.

Repped.

hoping the scooter will help to make me a better rider.

Really, not sure how much better you can get UP. I think you may have reached the limit. :bow:

• Upvote 1

Really, not sure how much better you can get UP. I think you may have reached the limit. :bow:
From what I hear this is the truth. :bow:

UP is just lucky I was riding sweep. I'd make him think he was standing still.

:rolleyes::lol:

But really, Punk has a heck of a reputation. And I don't mean those little bars. . :bow:

I wish that were true but thanks for saying so, I have ridden with some very good riders on the street that are just as good but most of them stay away from big groups.

Every different type of bike you can ride can only make you a better rider; you never know when a new technique will get you out of trouble.

UP is just lucky I was riding sweep. I'd make him think he was standing still.

:rolleyes::lol:

But really, Punk has a heck of a reputation. And I don't mean those little bars. . :bow:

LOL. I know, I know. One day it will click and I will just roll on.

It's like when we passed him on 83 going the other way. I was like we will see him at the stop then there was a blur and he was gone a mile a head of us

I was still riding alone at that point; you guys were riding by group rules, different pace.

JCMathis send me a text stating that you guys would be running a little late and asked if I would tell the restaurant. I did that and then went searching for the group. When I passed you guys you were on schedule to get there sooner than I told them you would be there so I thought I should get there ahead of you guys to warn them. By the time everyone got parked and settled in you were right on schedule for what I told them. Not that it mattered because they still only had one server for the group.

How the heck do you guys recognize a rider going the other way? Aren't you paying attention to the road?

I was still riding alone at that point; you guys were riding by group rules, different pace.

JCMathis send me a text stating that you guys would be running a little late and asked if I would tell the restaurant. I did that and then went searching for the group. When I passed you guys you were on schedule to get there sooner than I told them you would be there so I thought I should get there ahead of you guys to warn them. By the time everyone got parked and settled in you were right on schedule for what I told them. Not that it mattered because they still only had one server for the group.

How the heck do you guys recognize a rider going the other way? Aren't you paying attention to the road?

saw rider in front wave I looked saw red bike and tailbag new it was you

saw rider in front wave I looked saw red bike and tailbag new it was you

Awww now I met chevy and uncle puck without an actual introduction. I believe you u turned in front of me and we actually spoke a bit at the last gas stop, Maybe?.

Here is a riding tip, don't watch the scenery, you'll go faster and be safer.

By the way did anyone see the blue scooter with the brown seat for sale on 666? Someone needs to buy it so they can go on the scooter run with us.

What scooter? I was paying attention to the road ;)

By the way did anyone see the blue scooter with the brown seat for sale on 666? Someone needs to buy it so they can go on the scooter run with us.

I saw it the second time by. I was wondering if they saw us go by the first time and pushed it out there. I haven't asked the old man if I could venture out on the burgman again, but maybe it would be worth it?

I saw it. Looked like it was in really good shape.

I thought that was you we waited a minute case you turned around. Then we saw you come down off of 16 ramp. How is 715 over all

My bad, if I was alone I probably wld hv turnd around or even if I had know how far it was to get back to newark on 16 from 60, that was boring! Whats funny is ya'll beating me to the intersection of 79 and 16...i know ya'll flying! :-)

715 was go too 206, I was surprised it was as clean as it was for being covered n water resently.

This being my third time in the area I thought I did better than usual. Kinda figured I'd be last but what the heck. Still new to twisties and that other section of 541 y'all can have it. Good rides as always out there.