ohio medical marijuana bill

John

its also crap and does not work very well.

I wouldn't say that. Institutionalized patients benefit from its effects. Smoking a big fatty while in bed with an O2 concentrater running isn't ever going to be an option for them. It brings relief to nausea and stimulates the appetite. Regardless .... I'm not only a proponent of medical marijuana, but the decriminalization of it in total.

Smoking a big fatty while in bed with an O2 concentrater running isn't ever going to be an option for them. It brings relief to nausea and stimulates the appetite. Regardless .... I'm not only a proponent of medical marijuana, but the decriminalization of it in total.

True dat. you don't have to smoke it tho. You can vaporize it or eat it too.

Just legalize it,it's much less harmful than alcohol.I'd go one step farther,allow personal use cultivation,strickly regulate it and kiss the state deficit good bye.Think of the cottage industry it would create,it could be even larger than the cottage industry of illegal marijuana.We obviously didn't learn anything from prohibition...illegal makes the criminals rich and creates violence,legal produces government revenue.

• Upvote 2

True dat. you don't have to smoke it tho. You can vaporize it or eat it too.

Vaporization was a new one to me, but just the other night a friend was telling me about his new contraption. Apparently it's odorless and effective.

Just legalize it,it's much less harmful than alcohol.I'd go one step farther,allow personal use cultivation,strickly regulate it and kiss the state deficit good bye.Think of the cottage industry it would create,it could be even larger than the cottage industry of illegal marijuana.We obviously didn't learn anything from prohibition...illegal makes the criminals rich and creates violence,legal produces government revenue.

Youza smart one! I agree completely! rep for u.

this is why this law needs to pass:

http://www.fox8.com/news/wjw-busted-for-pot-txt,0,6415609.story

MEDINA, Ohio -- A Medina County senior citizen is sentenced to jail time for cultivating marijuana that he says was medicinal for his wife with cancer.

Friday, 69-year-old Gary Burton was sentenced to 60 days in jail, 30 days house arrest and two years probation, with credit for time served.

what a waste of time and money.

stay classy ohio :rolleyes:

Would marijuana have such a backing for medicinal uses if it wasn't illegal?

Yes. I have seen it work wonders for a cancer patient (my father). It brought back his appetite and countered the nausea he was feeling due to chemo and other meds.

I agree with Drc, alcohol is much worse for you.

Edited by max power
  • Upvote 1

how many deaths do you have each year from someone smoking and going out and driving there car?!?!?! barely any if at all... How many drunk driving deaths are there each year!?!?!? more than we can count!!

Yes. I have seen it work wonders for a cancer patient (my father). It brought back his appetite and countered the nausea he was feeling due to chemo and other meds.

i agree alcohol is much worse, and the downward spiral alcoholism will take you on is a much worse path than smoking in my opinion.

I wasn't sure, not trying to be a smart ass, just curious.

I wasn't sure, not trying to be a smart ass, just curious.

Didnt think you were brotha, just answering your question with personal experience. ;)

There are lots of bad nasty drugs out there, pot isn't one of them.

how many deaths do you have each year from someone smoking and going out and driving there car?!?!?! barely any if at all... How many drunk driving deaths are there each year!?!?!? more than we can count!!

this is unfair as you would have to do a percentage of people driving while high as opposed to drinking which will never be available. i have never tried pot and feel no need to but whatever if it can be a form of revenue and help people then legalize it.. no skin off my back.. plus then i can buy stock in fast food and junkfood companies and make a fortune..:D

If it does become legal my girlfriend will have to find a new reason to hate. Whenever she hears the word "pot" her face scrunches up like she just smelled a turd. lol

oh and we can't know what the effects of legalizing will be because it's never been in recent history, before the cotton industry (slaves basically) the US used hemp as a major source of income and used it for everything from paper to soap and food products so... looks like politics wins over practicality as usual... get your head out of your ash and realize the potential

I wrote a paper in college on the legalization of marijuana. if it were regulated and taxed the same as tobacco, the national debt could be eradicated in four to five years. There were facts to back this and I found them at that time, but damned if I can find any of that stuff now.

*This was cough-twentyoneyearsago-cough*

Your a smart guy! I have a police officer friend who told me he has never responded to a call from someone getting high then beating the shit out of their G/F or wife. Alcohol?? almost daily. I've never smoked weed myself or have the desire to but it sure seems much safer than alcohol to me.

The only problem I see with all these states passing medical marijuana laws is that it is still against Federal law. I've never heard of the Feds going after end users or people running the shops to purchase it from but who says they wont start someday?

Why should they tax it? Why not just de-criminalize it and leave us the fuck alone? There is no reason to tax me for a plant growing in my basement. :dunno:

Dont know you but damn i like you!! :D