Smokies/Deals Gap/Tenn.

2talltim

I know there was a couple threads with people saying they were headed down in the month of may so i'm starting this one to let us post our dates, hotels, and bikes so maybe if we cross paths we can say "Howdy" to each other

Me and my wife will be headed down Satuday 14th and staying till the 20th..we are staying at Whyndham Resort in Seviervill/Pideon Forge(they gave me a hell of a deal on my points) We are trailering our rigs down, Mine is a Red 97 TL1000S with personal plate (97 TL), and hers is a 93 Shadow VLX (bright ass) Yellow personal plate (ROO). We are planing on riding as much as we can maybe head to the gap at least 2 days, cherokee, Wheels Through Time, Sky Way, Blue Ridge Pky, Smokie Park a couple times, if we arent on the scooters we will be driving a red chvy impala.

Hopefully the weather holds off, right now they are saying rain for that week but untill we are less than 4 or 5 days out i dont believe the forcast much. So if your down there and see us stop and say "What Up Tim and Becky"

Edited by 2talltim

My buddy and I are going down the 21st through the 24th. We are staying at the Marriott (buddy got entire stay on points) in Alcoa, TN. We are planning on Deals Gap, Wheels Through Time, n all the other crap riders should do while riding in the mountains. We are riding down. I will be on my '94 FZR 600 and he will be on his '10 FZ1 (both are black). Should be a great time!

ah damn you are about the 5th different group I know going this month, hopefully if all goes as planned I'm going down there in June for the first time

What dates are you going down in june?..I've got the 11th to the19 th off with no real plans yet

The wife and I have been there done that, its a blast. If yall ask at the dragoons gas stop they let ya know about the devil triangle, you love it. Have fun and be safe

the last update i heard on the devils triangle was that part of it got tar&chipped and it ruined half the trip here is a link if any are interested http://www.tailofthedragon.com/DevilsTriangle/DevilsTriangle.html

ah damn you are about the 5th different group I know going this month, hopefully if all goes as planned I'm going down there in June for the first time

First time this year, or first time ever? I am going for the first time ever. I hear that once you go for the first time, it becomes an every year thing.

First time this year, or first time ever? I am going for the first time ever. I hear that once you go for the first time, it becomes an every year thing.

First time ever. I pretty much get the feeling it'll turn into a yearly thing as well :D

A guy from work asked if I wanted to go this year. I told him sure and asked when. He said the second weekend in July. He told me to make sure I had Sat Sun and Mon off when it came time to schedule vacation. Not too hard for me since I have Sunday Monday's off. I got the days off. Now he wants to leave Thursday evening which will not work for me since I didn't take Thursday Friday off so I don't know what I'm going to do now.

A guy from work asked if I wanted to go this year. I told him sure and asked when. He said the second weekend in July. He told me to make sure I had Sat Sun and Mon off when it came time to schedule vacation. Not too hard for me since I have Sunday Monday's off. I got the days off. Now he wants to leave Thursday evening which will not work for me since I didn't take Thursday Friday off so I don't know what I'm going to do now.

should have replaced a guy with a girl:eek:

should have replaced a guy with a girl:eek:

Well I think I'm going to try to go the weekend of July 9th or 16th. My fiance is going to go with me. I've asked about 6 friends and all of them are scared to ride down. Pretty sad that my fiance is willing to ride on the back of my cbr to get there but they won't. So I think were going to end up trailering if they go. Anyone ever stay in maryville Tenn.?

Had an awesome time. I think this is going to be addicting. Probably going back this summer

this is what I keep hearing, we officially booked a cabin in Robbinsville today so I'm getting ridiculously excited