Smokies/Deals Gap/Tenn.

2talltim

Just came back from the NC side of Tellico and if you love the dragon there are some awsome roads around Murphy on the Joe Brown Highway! Specifically Bever Dam Creek rd towards Crawfords camp ground. If you need a place to stay I also recommend seeing dan at Crawford as he is a rider and can not only provide a great place to camp but point out the routes for on road or offroad riding in the area. :)

I know there was a couple threads with people saying they were headed down in the month of may so i'm starting this one to let us post our dates, hotels, and bikes so maybe if we cross paths we can say "Howdy" to each other

Me and my wife will be headed down Satuday 14th and staying till the 20th..we are staying at Whyndham Resort in Seviervill/Pideon Forge(they gave me a hell of a deal on my points) We are trailering our rigs down, Mine is a Red 97 TL1000S with personal plate (97 TL), and hers is a 93 Shadow VLX (bright ass) Yellow personal plate (ROO). We are planing on riding as much as we can maybe head to the gap at least 2 days, cherokee, Wheels Through Time, Sky Way, Blue Ridge Pky, Smokie Park a couple times, if we arent on the scooters we will be driving a red chvy impala.

Hopefully the weather holds off, right now they are saying rain for that week but untill we are less than 4 or 5 days out i dont believe the forcast much. So if your down there and see us stop and say "What Up Tim and Becky"

It's probably a good thing that things worked out the way that they did. My buddy backed out on Friday afternoon and we didn't go. It sucks! I don't get excited for much but I was really looking forward to the trip. Hope you had a good time!

It's probably a good thing that things worked out the way that they did. My buddy backed out on Friday afternoon and we didn't go. It sucks! I don't get excited for much but I was really looking forward to the trip. Hope you had a good time!

our trip was ok...it rained 3 or the 5 days but we got 2 good days of riding in...im thinkning of another trip this year maybe we can hook up

myself and a buddy are looking at going down July 9,10 and 11th. We will probably leave the late evening of the 8th after I leave work. That is if I can barrow my dads truck otherwise were riding down with my fiance in the chase car hauling gear the morning of the 9th. If your interested my trailer has 1 more open spot pending we get a truck. We plan on staying at the Two Wheel Inn in Robbinsville, NC for $75 a night which includes a garage that fits 2 bikes. Let me know if you wanna join.

I'm heading down in 2 weeks. I usually ride down' date=' but I was made an offer I couldn't refuse. So, I will sleep in a cozy truck while two fat kids eat sausages and drink 4Loko and drive my ass to Robbinsville.

I can only hope that DucRx is on fire when I get home... and by "on fire", I mean burning to the ground.[/quote']

i'm leaving it on you and Matt to figure out how to get it in the bed of the truck :D

• 2 weeks later...

I just reserved my room at the two wheel inn in robbinsville NC for the 9th and 10th of July. Still have a trailer spot if there is any interest. Also can fit a bike in the truck bed if 2 people wanna join us.

for future trips I'd like to suggest Dragon's Rest Cabins in Robbinsville. We stayed there and loved everything about it minus the gravel driveway but that wasn't really a big deal in the end

I just reserved my room at the two wheel inn in robbinsville NC for the 9th and 10th of July. Still have a trailer spot if there is any interest. Also can fit a bike in the truck bed if 2 people wanna join us.

Stayed there last week for a night before moving to Dragon's Rest Cabin. Very clean nice motel....sweetest thing the room keeper left a card with "Have a safe ride and keep the rubber side down"....... Awesome :)

I stayed at Tail of the Dragon Vacation Rental's Ridge house, it was fantastic. Enough space with couches and beds for 18 people! HUGE garage, plenty of space.

You do need reservations pretty far in advance, but well worth it, not enough praise.

I'll most definitely be heading back down to NC this summer, more than once if I can do it!