Who here has V Rod ownership experience?

modular

Since I sold both the Jeep and the XR it freed up some cashola to pay for a new ride without having a bank involved:D. I found an 06 VRSCR with 1284 miles/$6995 that is spotless through an H-D dealer in Charlotte as Street Rods are hard to find locally. I have wanted a Street Rod since they came out in '06. Anyway, who here has had or currently has a VRSC? I'm looking for ownership feedback.

For me, yes. This is a Street Rod, not a standard V. The differences are exactly what I was looking for as I felt like a taco shell on a V with stupid forward controls and that slammed, non-functioning suspension. Long rides on the XR were painful and most of the folks I ride with take longer trips. Maybe someday I will pick up a dedicated sportbike, who knows. I go from one bastard child to another. Matches me....I've been called a bastard before:D.

Anyway, back on topic....ownership feedback?

btw i would jump on that deal with the quickness, from the little I've seen of vrods they usually are in the $10k area with way more miles

Trust me, I placed a deposit on the bike this morning. Perfect condition, low, low miles and my favorite color. Bike in question....

ST3.jpg

Trust me, I placed a deposit on the bike this morning. Perfect condition, low, low miles and my favorite color. Bike in question....

ST3.jpg

good because if you didn't I was heavily weighing the option that if you passed on it to let me have the info

I have a 2006 VRSCA, check out 1130cc.com if you have specific model questions, there's a VRSCR sub-forum

http://www.1130cc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=52

Already there my friend. Asked what to look out for in a used model but this thing has so lo miles on it they were a moot point.

The Sundowner is not available for the Street Rod. Different seat pan and frame around the tank. The '06 SR was the first to use the modified frame for the 5 gallon tank. HD does not show any seats available but both Corbin & Saddleman make one. The SR has a thicker, higher seat from the factory though.

In that video he was like 19 yrs old. Anyways vrod's are um pretty damn fast once you learn them. I had a 2004 vrscb. if yo rode it like me you will be changing your rear tire about the same time you change your oil. The belt drive is awsome. i had 25,000 miles on mine when i got rid of it. the motor is bullet proof. best motor they ever had.

Seems like a not so good bike for long trips. V-rods remind me of my old Vmax. Not good for much other than coming off the line and eating lots of gas doing it.

So whats wrong with that???

My buddy has one and the one thing I can genuinely gripe about it is the kick stand. When you get off the bike with the stand down the bike will roll forward maybe an inch or two. Just enough to make you think its going to fall over. It gets me everytime i have been on it. Also it seems heavy. Now that's compared to my zuk. But watching him back it out of a driveway or whatever it still looks heavy and he's used to it. One more thing, with my sidi boots I could hardly work the shifter. Maybe you could adjust the lever to work around that. He also bought his almost two years ago and paid about double what your looking at so the price seems like a deal. If you buy it and don't like it you could probably turn a profit on it.

Edited by 20thGix

• 3 weeks later...

I've had mine for 5 years now. It has 11,000 miles on it and has had no problems other than rear pads at 9K. I'm about to change tires too. I added a Corbin seat which helped comfort a great deal.

picture.php?albumid=1066&pictureid=11858

I would recommend Metzeler ME880's. I just had a set installed and they transformed the bike's handling and feel.

The OEM riders seat is good for me for about 3 hours. For longer trips I was lucky enough to have located a NIB Sundowner Rider seat to match the Sundowner pillion pad that came on the bike.