Question about a CL Bike

CoolWhip

it's 10 years old....$2300 is pretty ambitious for a 10 year old bike with a salvage title and it's clearly been "altered". you can't just fit one of those kinds of handlebars on a bike like that.

make no mistake he used the words rebuilt title but it actually means it's a salvage title. if it wasn't ever impounded by the cops, then it's been totaled.

Edited by serpentracer

I'd throw a $1500 offer to him if you're serious about buying it.

other than the obvious probs, just never know - from what I'm told salvage title inspections aren't THAT hard to pass

The more I look at it, looks to me like a stunter bike thats almost put back to stock - the cutdown windscreen with dirt style bars and no mirrors? Telltale signs of a stunt ride which would be kind of ragged at 13k miles.

Dont know for sure just keep it in mind if you check it out.

The more I look at it, looks to me like a stunter bike thats almost put back to stock - the cutdown windscreen with dirt style bars and no mirrors? Telltale signs of a stunt ride which would be kind of ragged at 13k miles.

Dont know for sure just keep it in mind if you check it out.

i think you hit the nail on the head....i didnt even notice the bars....that could also explain why that lower fairing is gone if its been dropped a bunch or had a stunt cage on it

13k miles on a stunt bike is a lot... wouldnt be surprised if the bearings arent almost worn out ...i would probably pass