/ southeast ohio triple nickle ride 555 on 6-5-11

cOoTeR

A friend of mine and myself are going to do a triple nickel ride on the 5th of June. This is an open invite to all of OR.net. my plan is to leave Delaware around 9 then hit pickerington on the way meet near 70 and 204, if anyone is interested. Then slab it to zanesville hook up with 555 south to 550 into Athens stop for a late lunch then take 56 to circleville area and head north on 23 or 104 then back home.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd go but I now have to sit out the season due to my 4 wheel tomfoolery. Have fun & watch out for the invisible gravel on 555.

Did you get caught going 128 in a 45?

If you need someone to ride your bike during your layoff it really wouldn't be a problem for me to help you out. I stay in N.R. more now than I stay in Elyria so it really wouldn't take me out of my way.

Did you get caught going 128 in a 45?

Heel & toe driving into the entrance to my development in front of a hidden leo prompting heel to toe walking (.103 breathalizer = 1 beer too many). I'll be paying my debt to society now.

If you need someone to ride your bike during your layoff it really wouldn't be a problem for me to help you out. I stay in N.R. more now than I stay in Elyria so it really wouldn't take me out of my way.

That's a very generous offer. I'll let you known't.

:dunno:How.many people that are planning on making it would prefer to hit the nickel at 37? It would mean moving the meeting place. Maybe Lancaster:dunno:? Suggestions?

New to riding and you wanna break him in on 555?

The blind corners and elevation changes are one thing...but the shitastic corner gravel in the top half is probably worse.

I hope for his sake that you've prepared him for what he's gonna run into.

New to riding and you wanna break him in on 555?

The blind corners and elevation changes are one thing...but the shitastic corner gravel in the top half is probably worse.

I hope for his sake that you've prepared him for what he's gonna run into.

Well he has rode it with me before south to north but he's the type of guy that can forget the respect that a road like 555 needs. When we went lasta year he was timid and a little fearful so he didn't push the limits. But he's at the stage where he is getting used to it and a little too comfortable. If we were in a group I know he won't want to push his limits so I'd be comfortable jumping straight in the good parts of 555. But if its him and I I think he would try to dive in to fast if we went to the good parts off the rip.

I guess pretty new wasn't the best way to describe him. It's more fairly new. It's the stage that worries me most about new riders. When they think they know but they don't. Example, the reason I went down at gingerman last year. If that makes sense to yall.

Ok so I'm debating on meeting in Lancaster or pickerington. What would the people wanting to join this ride prefer? The roosters in Lancaster or catalfinos in pickerington?