6/5/11 Non Scooter Big Boy Ride

InyaAzz

I'm not ashamed to admit that I drove past that trailer park in MI this past weekend.

Hey..until I turned around, everything was goin' pretty good that night.

Oh sweet memories.

All of you exhaust suckers unite and keep getting your inferior ride organized while us cool kids have our shit together.

are you guys leaving on sat to get down 83 by sun just asking

Are you trying to be hurtful?

Don't go getting too big for your britches mister we still have you pegged for a cop magnet ticket jinx who might be excluded in these here reindeer games if we can prove that theory.

All of you guys compensating for something with the big bikes say 555 sucks because you are afraid that if you get caught out on it when the scooter gang rolls through and they pass you all your excuses will be lame.

Whole pack of sissies’ will be avoiding their demise by running away.

You guys just keep that rolling road block out of our way.

I'll map it up in the AM and see where we are. Where do u think CORE is gonna cross 83 and more importantly..what's the projected time?

Fom Bolivar, we can pick up 83 at the intersection 83/93. We can meet in New Concord 83/22 (I believe there is a Circle K on 22) at 10:30.

Are you trying to be hurtful?

Don't go getting too big for your britches mister we still have you pegged for a cop magnet ticket jinx who might be excluded in these here reindeer games if we can prove that theory.

haha shit you prob whup my ass on that scooter

We can meet in New Concord 83/22 (I believe there is a Circle K on 22) at 10:30.

For anyone who joins in this lame ride the cool kids will be at this same gas station at 12:00. When you get bored with this ride and decide that it is a waste of time to just cruise the back roads, hang out at the gas station until we get there, then be prepared to be in awe of the smack down we are going to lay on 555.

If you make it I will show because I am curious about your bike and debating on one in the future.

As you've probably read me say a million times, I honestly love it. Took me some time to get used to it and fall in love but power and suspension wise its all stock. Got a PCIII to go on this week then i'll work the suspension over the summer hopefully. I'll let you know if I'm gonna make it that far south on Sunday, not sure what my time restrictions will be if any

We are riding through the Metroparks starting at Rocy River H.S. I think we end up in Cuyahoga Falls sometime between noon and 1 PM.

I'd be more inclined to do this as I don't think I'd be able to stay within 20 mins of a CORE ride

I'd be more inclined to do this as I don't think I'd be able to stay within 20 mins of a CORE ride

For those that haven't been on one, CORE rides are like this...

• The leader typically doesn't get above 75-80 in straights.
  • Corner speed is as much you are able, while getting your bike home unscuffed. Staying within your limits in the corners (whatever they may be) is appreciated.
  • If you aren't feeling up to sticking with the lead bikes through the corners, then catch up in the straights, again the leader is only doing 75ish. This tends to keep the group from getting too spread out.
  • Do the speed limit when going through towns or when it drops below 55. If we are going to see any LEOs, 99% chance they are going to be in towns.
  • Wear gear.
  • Oh, and wear gear.

For those of use that are cursed living in the land of straight boring roads in NEO, getting to the good roads in SEO is a 400+ mile day. This gives you plenty of time in the twisties and makes that boring stretch to/from worth while.

THIS thread was not started with the intention of doing a metroparks ride. Me, personally, I plan on heading south. Please disregard the black guy on the scooter, someone left the baby gate open.

As usual with any group ride I've been on or organized, no one gets left behind. The CORE ride was mentioned and depending on the route I thought it might be cool to follow them for a little bit since like I said earlier, I haven't scouted this route and won't have time before Sunday.

If you'd like to ride the metroparks, don't let me stop you from discussing it, but it might be better served in a different thread to cut down on the confusion.

I'm going to sit down with google maps here in about 30 minutes and see what I come up with.

For those that haven't been on one, CORE rides are like this...

• The leader typically doesn't get above 75-80 in straights.
  • Corner speed is as much you are able, while getting your bike home unscuffed. Staying within your limits in the corners (whatever they may be) is appreciated.
  • If you aren't feeling up to sticking with the lead bikes through the corners, then catch up in the straights, again the leader is only doing 75ish. This tends to keep the group from getting too spread out.
  • Do the speed limit when going through towns or when it drops below 55. If we are going to see any LEOs, 99% chance they are going to be in towns.
  • Wear gear.
  • Oh, and wear gear.

For those of use that are cursed living in the land of straight boring roads in NEO, getting to the good roads in SEO is a 400+ mile day. This gives you plenty of time in the twisties and makes that boring stretch to/from worth while.

And this isn't any different from any of my rides. I WILL pass on the double yellow in the straights to get around traffic. I don't expect anyone to follow me unless it's safe ....and..I always wait at the next light/stop sign for a head count.

THIS thread was not started with the intention of doing a metroparks ride. Me, personally, I plan on heading south. Please disregard the black guy on the scooter, someone left the baby gate open.

As usual with any group ride I've been on or organized, no one gets left behind. The CORE ride was mentioned and depending on the route I thought it might be cool to follow them for a little bit since like I said earlier, I haven't scouted this route and won't have time before Sunday.

If you'd like to ride the metroparks, don't let me stop you from discussing it, but it might be better served in a different thread to cut down on the confusion.

I'm going to sit down with google maps here in about 30 minutes and see what I come up with.

yea I was just confused as to what the plan was because I saw about 3 different ideas thrown around