6/5/11 Non Scooter Big Boy Ride

InyaAzz

We're meeting at the Circle K at the corner of 82 and 83. Gas tanks full and kickstands up at 10am. At 10:01 I'll be riding south down 83 so if you're late you can catch us there.

Wear your gear. If you show up without a helmet, I'll ask Buddha to guide you but you won't be riding with me. I don't have anything against people who don't wear em.....this is just one of those times where it's not an option. A proper jacket and boots would be common sense too. I'm not going to preach about gear. When it was 90 the other day I rode to my friends house without a jacket on so, but I wasn't riding as hard as I'll be riding on Sunday.

The route is still being worked on, but it will be in the Coshocton area and some of the roads will be unknown to me. If missing a turn here or there and having to turn around really irritates you, then you might want to reconsider. I don't anticipate a lot of that, but I'm putting it out there as a disclaimer.

Ride pace is whatever you are comfortable with in the corners. I'll be doing 75ish in the straights and passing on the double yellow when safe. Follow me when it's safe for you to do so, not because you feel obligated to stay directly behind me. I'll wait for everyone at the next corner/turn/light.

Please bring your bike to the meeting spot in working condition. I shouldn't have to say that...but....every once in a while someone will show up with fluids leaking or a chain ready to break or...take a pick.

I won't be stopping for lunch or dinner. We'll be stopping for gas before we hit 100 miles on our last fill up. During the gas stop you can dine on the fine assortment of nuts, jerky, road kill, or whatever you can find at the gas station. We'll shoot the shit for a few minutes..take a potty break...and get right back at it. It's better that way. Trust me.

Edited by InyaAzz
  • Upvote 1

Okay..back on topic. Does anyone have a preference of a route to take? Normally if I lead a group I like to scout a route before hand, and I haven't done any of that this season yet. I'm pretty sure I won't be able to get that in before Sunday, as my oldest is graduating on Friday and I'll have family in town on Saturday.....I think.

I am doing a charity ride that day for the Pediatric Brain Tumor foundation. But depending on where and when that ends up, I might try and catch up with you guys. I'll keep an eye on the thread and see where it goes.

I am doing a charity ride that day for the Pediatric Brain Tumor foundation. But depending on where and when that ends up, I might try and catch up with you guys. I'll keep an eye on the thread and see where it goes.

What's the ride route?

Sending you a map... :)

Awesome.

No route fianlized yet but for the ride south...

How about 83>78>377>550 (yes going right by 555, but not riding it because it kinda sucks compared to other roads in that area)>into Marietta.

For the ride home out of Marietta are some of the best roads in OH (26, 255, 260, 556, etc) which ones we ride depends on how many miles you want to log that day. Going back home you can split off on 250>83 north.

How about 83>78>377>550 (yes going right by 555, but not riding it because it kinda sucks compared to other roads in that area)>into Marietta.

For the ride home out of Marietta are some of the best roads in OH (26, 255, 260, 556, etc) which ones we ride depends on how many miles you want to log that day. Going back home you can split off on 250>83 north.

Is that route for the CORE ride?

All of you guys compensating for something with the big bikes say 555 sucks because you are afraid that if you get caught out on it when the scooter gang rolls through and they pass you all your excuses will be lame.

Whole pack of sissies’ will be avoiding their demise by running away.

All of you guys compensating for something with the big bikes say 555 sucks because you are afraid that if you get caught out on it when the scooter gang rolls through and they pass you all your excuses will be lame.

Whole pack of sissies’ will be avoiding their demise by running away.

I thought this was the big boy thread....who opened the baby gate?

• Upvote 1