Motorcycle specific tool box for pickup truck?

TomF

Bought a new truck.....partly because it's an easy way for me to haul my bike around. I have a bunch of other tools and gear I also need to haul, and would like a system that does both.

So far all I've found is this:

http://www.pickuptrucktoolboxes.com/Space_Saver_Truck_Tool_Box/Dirt_Bike_truck_tool_box.htm

It looks pretty cool, but I was wondering if there are other options out there.

Thanks.

thats a good looking box that I would consider, but I also have a short bed, that my 1999 Ducati 750ss fits in great, and my 1978 Suxuki GS550E BARELY fits in! looks like the Duc would go to just barely and suzuki not at all with the tail gate up. I personally like the tail gate up for the extra security, that way if the straps break, I have a slightly damaged bike as opposed to a bike dumped all over the road.. just my two cents, and my truck is a short bed as well,

Bought a new truck.....partly because it's an easy way for me to haul my bike around. I have a bunch of other tools and gear I also need to haul, and would like a system that does both.

So far all I've found is this:

http://www.pickuptrucktoolboxes.com/Space_Saver_Truck_Tool_Box/Dirt_Bike_truck_tool_box.htm

It looks pretty cool, but I was wondering if there are other options out there.

Thanks.

First time seeing or hearing about anything like that, hey, wait a minute, new truck? Someone is making too much money because I just know you have several new guns as well.

First time seeing or hearing about anything like that, hey, wait a minute, new truck? Someone is making too much money because I just know you have several new guns as well.

Have you been going thru my gun cabinet again? I thought i had that thing hidden!!!

I'll be sure to consult you next time I make a vehicle purchase. ;)

As you should, your post count shows that you obviously don't have enough life experience to make any informed decisions on your own. Please continue to consult with us until you are worthy to go out and decide what's right for you on your own.

I personally like the tail gate up for the extra security, that way if the straps break, I have a slightly damaged bike as opposed to a bike dumped all over the road...

straps break? I've worried about the suspension compressing and the hooks letting go from the slack, but even cheap ratchet straps are rated at 2,000 lbs or so. They're not going to break unless you've really neglected them, and they're past due for replacement. Sets of 4 are like $20...

when I routinely transported my bike in the bed of my ranger, I did the 'normal' straps compressing the forks slightly, and then also threw a set around the rear wheel, near the top. That held the bike up on its own, because it couldn't fall side-to-side. It did not hold the bike forward, into the wheel-chock, but I figured if I saw one of the front straps let go in my mirrors, I would be braking, and the bike would push forward into the chock on its own. The only way it's falling out the back is if you accelerate when you see the straps let go.

regarding tool boxes, I seem to recall one with a built in 'dent' for a motorcycle wheel, but that barely worked with a long-bed truck. Side boxes are going to be the only viable option here, IMHO.

Tailgate up or down is not a concern for me, my bike won't fit with the tailgate up without a tool box (quad cab standard bed), and I've been hauling bikes and quads with the tailgate down for years. It's a non issue.

Just wondering if there are other purpose built boxes like the one I posted.