Ride to Kill the Bill: Thunder at the Statehouse

wht_scorpion

The bill permits union negotiations for wages, hours and working conditions, but bans collective bargaining for benefits. It also eliminates binding arbitration and prohibits public employees from going on strike.

Basically, Medical costs are going up for everyone. Ohio gov't workers have been mostly shielded from this under collective bargaining...at the expense of Ohio (with a large budget deficit) and Ohio taxpayers.

So, SB5 proposes that gov't workers pay the same increases in health care costs as the rest of Ohioians. This makes perfect sense to me.

Lots of fear mongering on the Anti-SB5 side :nono:

Edited by Tpoppa

Here we a have some good examples of fear mongering:

...unfair law that is an attack on employee rights and worker safety.

...show their support for this historic fight against the bill that will destroy working and middle class communities in Ohio.

Scary. Please explain how this unfair law attacks worker safety. And how it will destroy working and middle class communties.

Interested to see who shows up for this.

There are a lot of blue-collar riders who would take a bullet for the union (as long as they weren't on break), and probably almost as many rich posers who ride 200 miles a year, but like these sort of events to they can feel like "a real biker."

unions have always pissed me off, and I really do (generally) support the police, but there was some Captain on the radio bitching to Triv on 1100 a few months ago about how 'this will force them to lay off officers based on merit instead of seniority.'

Ummmm... okaaaay... Where's the fucking problem? You mean the good cops will get to keep their jobs, and the bad ones won't be protected just because they've got a lot of time in? Sounds GREAT to me!

Now I get it; I don't want Detective Seniority laid off and Cadet Incompetent to keep his job just because the former makes $68k and the latter makes a much more budget-friendly $40k, but unions have been too greedy for too long. They've overstepped useful and reasonable negotiations, and it's about time the government did something to keep them in check.

Interested to see who shows up for this.

There are a lot of blue-collar riders who would take a bullet for the union (as long as they weren't on break), and probably almost as many rich posers who ride 200 miles a year, but like these sort of events to they can feel like "a real biker."

This made me giggle.

^ it's only funny because it's true. The unions demand demand demand, then exploit exploit exploit.

The only time they do SHIT is when they want something. My buddy supervises union workers at what used to be LTV Steel. Early in his tenure there, the union rep came in and implied that productivity might slip if they didn't get what they wanted.

His (veteran) coworker cleared things up for him. "Russ, you just got threatened with a slow down." His response: "THEY CAN WORK SLOWER!?"