Looking for a reasonable mechanic in Columbus

CleaveTheGreat

So my girlfriend's car is a piece of shit and it's making a weird rattling noise. It doesn't make it when the car is idling or when it's in park and you rev the engine. It gets progressively louder the faster you go and trails off as you slow down. Seems to be coming from the rear on the drivers side but I'm not completely sure that's where the problem is. I'll be the first to admit I know dick about fixing a car. The car is a 99 Kia Sephia and it's a piece of shit but she doesn't really want a car payment right now so if this is something that is fixable for a reasonable price she'd rather do that for the time being. We just moved down here and don't really know a good mechanic and figured OR would be a good place to ask. There's a few shops near me but I don't wanna take it somewhere and get raped on a 99 Kia. So if anyone knows someone who does good work for a reasonable price, post up or pm me. Thanks

ZB at sigmatech automotive in Hilliard or Rob at GearHead Customz/Mad Wave Customs. Rob is probably one of the most honest mechanics I know. All my non-subaru repairs goes to him. I have sent many of my friends there for repairs and prices were way cheaper than any other shops in town.

ZB at sigmatech automotive in Hilliard or Rob at GearHead Customz/Mad Wave Customs. Rob is probably one of the most honest mechanics I know. All my non-subaru repairs goes to him. I have sent many of my friends there for repairs and prices were way cheaper than any other shops in town.

Thanks for the input. I'll try to get a hold of him. Does he do routine repairs or just custom stuff?

+1 for rob....he does it all. custom, repairs, whatever....one thing to note though, he is out of town supposedly for awhile....nobody has any contact with him, im not sure whats actually going on...but his cousin is running things for him, and has his phone and everything....i would back up robs work, but i know nothing about his cousin

if you wanna call - shoot me a PM and ill give you his cell number (his cousin has the phone though)....not sure the number at madwave, rob just moved into that building

Jporter hasn't done me wrong yet.

Thanks man! I try to do right by the good guys. (Edit: I actually try to do right by everyone, just wanted to make Jagz feel spay-shul.)

jporter has a schedule as tight as a 10yr old boys anus (pre-michael jackson)

That's just wrong!

The shop where I work is in your area Cleves, and scheduling through the shop is a lot easier than me doing work on the side (sorry Tyler!) if ya want to hit up the shop, let me know.

Edited by jporter12

I called Jporter for something and he got me in 10 minutes later. I get to the shop and it's packed. They even have a bay waiting for me. Ride fixed and all is well.

Hes in Westerville as well.

I called Jporter for something and he got me in 10 minutes later. I get to the shop and it's packed. They even have a bay waiting for me. Ride fixed and all is well.

Hes in Westerville as well.

That kind of service only happens at work. The place where I work now tries to get everyone in and out the same day.

After hours scheduling is tough for me, with a family and wife that works and all! Side jobs are on hold for a while with the new kid going home tomorrow!

• 1 year later...
heres the fb page...theres the number posted in the profile pic too

http://www.facebook.com/pages/GearHead-Customz-at-Mad-Wave-Customs/215741641778807

props to you sir. and hear i heard you always talked negative about me(might now, who knows :dunno:)

maybe you should stop by the new shop on brice and main, your step dad is always by with that truck.

i dont get on here much cause im not allowed to be a sponsor and i sold you back the quad and got rid of my 2 wheeled toys :(. but atleast im focused on getting my car together... well not really, way to many projects going to even have time for it right now