Paypal for local sale?

|SnOmAn|

Has anyone used Paypal to sell a bike locally? I was just curious 'cause I have my bike up on craigslist at the moment and was wondering if anyone has tried it. I also have a program on my iPhone and iPad where I can take a credit card payment on stuff in person, but I just started it and want to try it on something small first.

Yeah, I have used Paypal when I use to sell action figures on eBay. There is a fee for credit card use, but that is normal for any business allowing credit card transactions. I would just let them know if they really want it, and they want to use credit, they pay for the fee. And Bad, I would never give them the bike until it cleared for sure! It would be just like an eBay transaction. You don't get product until money is cleared and in my account.

And Bad, I would never give them the bike until it cleared for sure! It would be just like an eBay transaction. You don't get product until money is cleared and in my account.

my man. I figured you weren't as dumb as my freshmen year roommate. Before the whole scam of i'll send you a bigger check if u return me the money thing got big...he fell for it. Was out his car AND the money as well as we had an FBI prescence in our dorm room a couple times

I wouldn't. Cash in person. If their using their credit card and this is why they want to use PayPal have them have their credit card company send them those checks, they make it out to theirselves and cash it then hand you the money.

I wouldn't. Cash in person. If their using their credit card and this is why they want to use PayPal have them have their credit card company send them those checks, they make it out to theirselves and cash it then hand you the money.

^^^ This.

yeah im totally down to pay the inflated APR and fee for using one of those checks.